Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What protein content should my stored wheat have?
Rate This FAQ
A protein content of 12 percent and above is most desirable. More information on types of wheat (hard red, hard white, soft red, etc.) can be found in FN-371 Home Storage of Wheat. http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/FN_371.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How much water should I store?
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?