Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?