Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- I've read that dry pack food storage products expire within x amount of years depending on the product. My parents purchased a LARGE quantity (over 100 cases of #10 cans) of assorted dry pack 28 years ago from Desert Supply Company; wheat, cornmeal, powdered milk, eggs, instant potatoes etc. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with throwing it all out. Can you please confirm that this is wasted product or is there anything salvagable.. and if so for how much longer would it be good? It has been stored in a dry/dark cool basement.