Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- How much water should I store?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?