Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Where should I put my food storage?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- How much food should I store?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- Is it save to eat weevil?