Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?