Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do I need to treat water before storing it?
Rate This FAQ
Water that is stored for long periods should be sanitized or disinfected. To treat water add 1/4 tsp. (16 drops) liquid chlorine bleach (5%) per gallon of water. You may want to rotate your water every few years.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can I store water in?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?