Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What can I store water in?
Rate This FAQ
Store water in food safe containers. The containers can be glass, plastic, or stainless steel. Any plastic container that was previously used for food such as pop bottles or juice bottles can be used after they are thoroughly cleaned. Milk jugs are food safe, but the seams may split over time. Chlorine bleach bottles contain an anti-static agent and are NOT recommended for water storage.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?