Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How much water should I store?
Rate This FAQ
Plan on 1 gallon per person per day for a 2 week period or 14 gallons per person. You may need more for personal hygiene or if most of your food storage contains dehydrated foods requiring water for hydration.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Where should I put my food storage?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- What can I store water in?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- I just prepared pesto today containing basil, pine nuts, garlic, italian cheeses, and lemon juice, pretty much in that order from largest quantity to smallest. For how long could I keep this in my freezer before the oil will go rancid or the pesto will otherwise be inedible. Seems to me that I kept some a while back for 6 months, and after eating it I got sick, though this could be coincidental.
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?