Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How much water should I store?
Rate This FAQ
Plan on 1 gallon per person per day for a 2 week period or 14 gallons per person. You may need more for personal hygiene or if most of your food storage contains dehydrated foods requiring water for hydration.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- What can I store water in?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- I have a question regarding commercially canned tomatoes. I have read on your website that the nutritional value of vegetables may not be maintained after the expiration date. I have heard somewhere that tomatoes are an exception, and there could be a problem with the tomatoes that would not be able to be detected, and that they should just be discarded at the expiration date for safety's sake. Is this true?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?