Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I remove mold/mildew from a wall?
Rate This FAQ
First remove any source of moisture. Mold/mildew needs moisture to survive. This may mean not using a bathroom for 5-7 days. Clean the area with an all purpose cleaner and then spray with a bleach solution of 1 tsp. chlorine bleach to 1 quart of water. Some mold/mildew may leave a stain even if it has stopped growing. If you plan to repaint prime with a mold resistant paint.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do i adjust my thermostat for cold weather comfort and still lower my monthly heating cost? (Two Part Series)
- I have a problem with what I think are black ants. I used to use Fluorguard Ant Bait Stations, which worked very well. Unfortunately, they have been pulled from the market and are no longer available. Can you recommend another good treatment product? Currently, I'm considering Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel (which supposedly works on black ants), and Gourmet Ant Bait Gel.
- What are some red flags that warn of a potentially dangerous relationship?
- How can I be a smarter online shopper?
- How can I find a reliable contractor for spring repairs?
- Are you getting sick to often in your home?
- Do you have some tips for spring house cleaning?
- How can I better budget for the holidays?