Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I remove mold/mildew from a wall?
Rate This FAQ
First remove any source of moisture. Mold/mildew needs moisture to survive. This may mean not using a bathroom for 5-7 days. Clean the area with an all purpose cleaner and then spray with a bleach solution of 1 tsp. chlorine bleach to 1 quart of water. Some mold/mildew may leave a stain even if it has stopped growing. If you plan to repaint prime with a mold resistant paint.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We are getting a lot of white build up on our dishes from our dishwasher that doesn't decrease with rinse aids. Our water source is well water, and I don't know if this very hard mineral-full water is to blame, but is there a way to remedy this? When we moved into our house last fall we replaced the dishwasher because the old one was full of these deposits, I don't want to have to buy another new dishwasher, any suggestions of cleaning and maintaining this one?
- What are some red flags that warn of a potentially dangerous relationship?
- How can I better budget for the holidays?
- How can I tell a pyramid scheme from a legitimate mulitlevel opportunity?
- I'd like to work at home, how can I tell if the advertised business is legitimate?
- How can I find a reliable contractor for spring repairs?
- How can I prevent identity theft?
- With the holidays fast approaching, how can I keep from overspending?