Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How do I remove mold/mildew from a wall?
Rate This FAQ
First remove any source of moisture. Mold/mildew needs moisture to survive. This may mean not using a bathroom for 5-7 days. Clean the area with an all purpose cleaner and then spray with a bleach solution of 1 tsp. chlorine bleach to 1 quart of water. Some mold/mildew may leave a stain even if it has stopped growing. If you plan to repaint prime with a mold resistant paint.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I find a reliable contractor for spring repairs?
- How can I keep my home more secure?
- How do i adjust my thermostat for cold weather comfort and still lower my monthly heating cost? (Two Part Series)
- I have a problem with what I think are black ants. I used to use Fluorguard Ant Bait Stations, which worked very well. Unfortunately, they have been pulled from the market and are no longer available. Can you recommend another good treatment product? Currently, I'm considering Maxforce Carpenter Ant Gel (which supposedly works on black ants), and Gourmet Ant Bait Gel.
- How can I complain about a product I purchased that is not working right?
- Do you have tips for shopping online this season?
- What are some ways to avoid repair scams artists this spring?
- How can I be a smarter online shopper?