Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?