Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?