Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?