Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?