Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?