Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?