Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?