Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?