Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?