Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?