Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?