Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?