Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?