Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?