Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
Rate This FAQ
Foods kept in the freezer will be safe for years; however, quality starts to decrease for most products in 9-12 months. If foods are left in the freezer for long periods of time they may develop freezer burn or develop undesirable flavors. For the best quality, use frozen items within one year.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?