Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer?
Rate This FAQ
"Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer, and if so is there some where I can go to find more information on this?"
We are assuming you live in Utah. If not, you will need to check with your state environmental quality and/or health department. Utah does not currently allow the use of graywater piped directly from the home for irrigating landscapes. Exceptions can be made for certain experimental systems. If you want to pursue this begin by contacting your local health department.
Many other western states do allow the use of graywater and there are few problems. There are some good resources on the web. Take a look at the following sites:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to revamp my lawn area plant more drought tolerant plants. Is there a way I can adjust my sprinklers to work with my new landscape - without digging the system up or hiring a professional?
- What types of grass use the most (or least) amount of water?
- Would Zoysia grass be a good alternative to the bluegrass?
- It is July 6th and I have a dirt yard now. Is it too late to plant a few trees and shrubs and would it be better to hydroseed now or wait until September?
- I would like to replace my dying grass with wildflowers on a sandy, hill on S. mountain. What kind of wildflowers are drought resistant and would they grow well, and where could I buy them?
- I am currently looking to put in a turf grass and I wanted to know which would be the better choice between Buffalograss, Blue grama, crested wheat grass or Sideoats grama grass?
- We live in a rural area and our indoor and outdoor water source is a flowing artesian well. It's only August, and the well is no longer "flowing." What has to happen for the well to start producing water?
- What kind of grass does well in St. George with minimal watering and how/when can we start it from seed?