Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking to plant Buffalo grass, which type of Buffalo grass would you recommend for Tooele?
Rate This FAQ
There are several varieties of Buffalograss that will do well in Tooele. I would recommend Texoka, Cody, Bison, Sharps Improved, Legacy (vegetative), 609, or Bowie (seed). For your information, there is also one supplier of Legacy Buffalograss sod in the state. That is Lake Mountain Farms in Sandy. There phone number is (801) 562-9090. Good luck!
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
- This year we've noticed that many of our scrub oak trees have not shown any leaves. Adjacent properties have the same issue.
- It is July 6th and I have a dirt yard now. Is it too late to plant a few trees and shrubs and would it be better to hydroseed now or wait until September?
- I have thinned out my scrub oak as a fire preventative, but I keep getting lots of runners. How do I control the runners?
- I have someone with about ¾ of an acre and they want to plant some kind of grass that won't require a lot of water or mowing but is good for children to play on.
- I would like to replace my dying grass with wildflowers on a sandy, hill on S. mountain. What kind of wildflowers are drought resistant and would they grow well, and where could I buy them?
- What types of grass use the most (or least) amount of water?
- I have noticed quite a few brown areas in lawns in the Salt Lake area, including my own.