Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking to plant Buffalo grass, which type of Buffalo grass would you recommend for Tooele?
Rate This FAQ
There are several varieties of Buffalograss that will do well in Tooele. I would recommend Texoka, Cody, Bison, Sharps Improved, Legacy (vegetative), 609, or Bowie (seed). For your information, there is also one supplier of Legacy Buffalograss sod in the state. That is Lake Mountain Farms in Sandy. There phone number is (801) 562-9090. Good luck!
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We live in a rural area and our indoor and outdoor water source is a flowing artesian well. It's only August, and the well is no longer "flowing." What has to happen for the well to start producing water?
- I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
- The governor's initiative says that I shouldn't water between 10AM and 6 PM. Won't I have disease problems if I irrigate at night?
- What causes tomato blossom end rot? How do you treat it?
- It is July 6th and I have a dirt yard now. Is it too late to plant a few trees and shrubs and would it be better to hydroseed now or wait until September?
- I would like to replace my dying grass with wildflowers on a sandy, hill on S. mountain. What kind of wildflowers are drought resistant and would they grow well, and where could I buy them?
- I have noticed quite a few brown areas in lawns in the Salt Lake area, including my own.
- I am currently looking to put in a turf grass and I wanted to know which would be the better choice between Buffalograss, Blue grama, crested wheat grass or Sideoats grama grass?