Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking to plant Buffalo grass, which type of Buffalo grass would you recommend for Tooele?
Rate This FAQ
There are several varieties of Buffalograss that will do well in Tooele. I would recommend Texoka, Cody, Bison, Sharps Improved, Legacy (vegetative), 609, or Bowie (seed). For your information, there is also one supplier of Legacy Buffalograss sod in the state. That is Lake Mountain Farms in Sandy. There phone number is (801) 562-9090. Good luck!
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Would Zoysia grass be a good alternative to the bluegrass?
- What is the best way to plant wildflowers?
- Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer?
- If I don't have enough water to fully irrigate all of my crop land should I try to spread the water across all of the acreage, or irrigate fewer acres with closer to full irrigation?
- What kind of grass does well in St. George with minimal watering and how/when can we start it from seed?
- I have thinned out my scrub oak as a fire preventative, but I keep getting lots of runners. How do I control the runners?
- The governor's initiative says that I shouldn't water between 10AM and 6 PM. Won't I have disease problems if I irrigate at night?
- I have noticed quite a few brown areas in lawns in the Salt Lake area, including my own.