Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
Rate This FAQ
"I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed? I want a fix before winter. I also want to know what kind of grass is good for having dogs on it."
You are facing a difficult challenge. Dogs, and especially large ones, can be very tough on a lawn. I would recommend sodding the area, especially this late in the season. If you were to hydroseed, you'd run the very likely risk of having your dogs disturb the seed before it could get established. If you use sod, be sure that you apply sufficient water to allow it to establish before winter and try to minimize dog traffic if at all possible.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long should I run my sprinklers to irrigate my lawn properly?
- It is July 6th and I have a dirt yard now. Is it too late to plant a few trees and shrubs and would it be better to hydroseed now or wait until September?
- I have thinned out my scrub oak as a fire preventative, but I keep getting lots of runners. How do I control the runners?
- I have noticed quite a few brown areas in lawns in the Salt Lake area, including my own.
- What causes tomato blossom end rot? How do you treat it?
- What types of grass use the most (or least) amount of water?
- Would Zoysia grass be a good alternative to the bluegrass?
- We live in a rural area and our indoor and outdoor water source is a flowing artesian well. It's only August, and the well is no longer "flowing." What has to happen for the well to start producing water?