Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
Rate This FAQ
"I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed? I want a fix before winter. I also want to know what kind of grass is good for having dogs on it."
You are facing a difficult challenge. Dogs, and especially large ones, can be very tough on a lawn. I would recommend sodding the area, especially this late in the season. If you were to hydroseed, you'd run the very likely risk of having your dogs disturb the seed before it could get established. If you use sod, be sure that you apply sufficient water to allow it to establish before winter and try to minimize dog traffic if at all possible.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How deep should perennials, annuals, and lawn be watered?
- Where can I find an extensive list of drought tolerant trees, perennials and shrubs?
- Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer?
- What causes tomato blossom end rot? How do you treat it?
- What kind of grass does well in St. George with minimal watering and how/when can we start it from seed?
- I am going to Hydroseed this weekend and need to know how much to water so that it germinates correctly.
- This year we've noticed that many of our scrub oak trees have not shown any leaves. Adjacent properties have the same issue.
- I want to revamp my lawn area plant more drought tolerant plants. Is there a way I can adjust my sprinklers to work with my new landscape - without digging the system up or hiring a professional?