Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
Rate This FAQ
"I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed? I want a fix before winter. I also want to know what kind of grass is good for having dogs on it."
You are facing a difficult challenge. Dogs, and especially large ones, can be very tough on a lawn. I would recommend sodding the area, especially this late in the season. If you were to hydroseed, you'd run the very likely risk of having your dogs disturb the seed before it could get established. If you use sod, be sure that you apply sufficient water to allow it to establish before winter and try to minimize dog traffic if at all possible.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The governor's initiative says that I shouldn't water between 10AM and 6 PM. Won't I have disease problems if I irrigate at night?
- I would like to replace my dying grass with wildflowers on a sandy, hill on S. mountain. What kind of wildflowers are drought resistant and would they grow well, and where could I buy them?
- What kind of grass does well in St. George with minimal watering and how/when can we start it from seed?
- I am looking to plant Buffalo grass, which type of Buffalo grass would you recommend for Tooele?
- Where can I find an extensive list of drought tolerant trees, perennials and shrubs?
- I am going to Hydroseed this weekend and need to know how much to water so that it germinates correctly.
- What types of grass use the most (or least) amount of water?
- I have thinned out my scrub oak as a fire preventative, but I keep getting lots of runners. How do I control the runners?