Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
Rate This FAQ
"I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed? I want a fix before winter. I also want to know what kind of grass is good for having dogs on it."
You are facing a difficult challenge. Dogs, and especially large ones, can be very tough on a lawn. I would recommend sodding the area, especially this late in the season. If you were to hydroseed, you'd run the very likely risk of having your dogs disturb the seed before it could get established. If you use sod, be sure that you apply sufficient water to allow it to establish before winter and try to minimize dog traffic if at all possible.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What types of grass use the most (or least) amount of water?
- It is July 6th and I have a dirt yard now. Is it too late to plant a few trees and shrubs and would it be better to hydroseed now or wait until September?
- I have noticed quite a few brown areas in lawns in the Salt Lake area, including my own.
- This year we've noticed that many of our scrub oak trees have not shown any leaves. Adjacent properties have the same issue.
- How deep should perennials, annuals, and lawn be watered?
- What is the best way to plant wildflowers?
- Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer?
- Would Zoysia grass be a good alternative to the bluegrass?