Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
Rate This FAQ
Food safety is always a concern. It sounds like you followed safe practices though. You want to keep food out of the danger zone (40-140 degrees) where bacteria grow the quickest. Food shouldn't be in the danger zone for more than 2 hours total time. A refrigerator will stay cold for up to 24 hours when the power is off if you don't open and close the door a lot. Your quick thinking to put it in the refrigerator kept it safe.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- I have just moved into this new house and I have all these raspberry bushes. They have produced a crop of fruit and I went out and picked lots of berries. The berries themselves look very nice but they are a little small. When I brought them in the house I noticed a couple different kind of pests on them. A black little beetle looking bug and a little tiny bug that resembled the hair on the raspberry. I washed them off, cleaned them and ate them. Now I am all panicked that I will get sick. They tasted good but I have myself all freaked out not knowing if all the bugs got off. Will they hurt me? I want to make raspberry jam with all the berries I have. Is that safe?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?