Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
Rate This FAQ
Food safety is always a concern. It sounds like you followed safe practices though. You want to keep food out of the danger zone (40-140 degrees) where bacteria grow the quickest. Food shouldn't be in the danger zone for more than 2 hours total time. A refrigerator will stay cold for up to 24 hours when the power is off if you don't open and close the door a lot. Your quick thinking to put it in the refrigerator kept it safe.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- My purple crown locust has never bloomed in the 5 years that I've had it and the past two years in the summer whole branches of leaves are dying off. Should I remove it and start over?
- My husband mistakenly put fertilizer with a broad leaf killer in it on our garden. Is there anything we can do to grow things this year? Everything has died sadly.
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- I would like to plant trees in my park strip, but have a gas line running through the middle. If I hand dig, is it ok to plant trees over the top of the line? What is the depth of gas lines?