Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have an apricot tree in my backyard that is loaded with apricots. We have not sprayed the tree with anything, but I would like to use what I can of the fruit that is not 'buggy'. The apricots have red/brown spots on the skin, my research tells me it might be a fungus. Would the fruit be safe to eat if it was cooked and then canned? Also, I would like to transplant some of my fathers raspberry bushes, when is the best time to do that?
Rate This FAQ
It sounds like your apricots may have a fungal disease called coryneum blight or shothole fungus. This is a fairly common problem, especially when we have wet springs. While the fruit does not look very appealing it is still edible. Peel off the skin where the spots are and the rest of the fruit can be used. I have included a link to a fact sheet about coryneum blight that has more information.
As for the raspberries early spring is the best time to transplant the bushes. Below is a link about growing raspberries in Utah.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- Flowering Pear trees. I have some mature "Chanticleer" flowering pears. For the last 2 years, the new foliage has emerged with curled leaves and a white, cottony substance. This condition seems to lessen with the hot weather, but the foliage doesn't seem to totally look healthy like when the trees were younger. What is it and can it be treated?
- Now that it's August, how often should we water our lawn (rock/clay soil); for how long; when (late pm early am); and when do we NOT water? My husband waters every day separate areas (front one day; back the next = X3/week), for approx. 35 min. each station. I say this is TOO much water(ing).
- I just moved to South Jordan and I have clumps of grass pok-a-dotting my lawn. Some say it is crab and others say Johnson. The clumps are hard and raised.
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?