Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have millions of tiny black jumping bugs in my garage. They go in and out of the cracks in the floors, all over the concrete, walls, etc. I see very few in the day time; However at night millions everywhere. I have tried every spay I know of but nothing seems to kill them. Please Help.
Rate This FAQ
Springtails are one of the most abundant organisms in soil and plant litter
around the world. They feed on fungus and decaying material, and do not
bite humans. Our cool, wet spring has been perfect for building populations
of springtails. Nowe that the sun has returned the leaf litter/soil outside
is starting to dry out. When this happens, these insects migrate into homes
in search of moisture. That sounds exactly
like what has happened in your home. Read below for more information.
Here the links for good information on springtails:
Please read these factsheets and send questions if you have any.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What insects attack strawberries and what is the recommended control?
- I have spider mites on my IIiamna rivularis. It looks like I also have spider mites on my Mirabilis jalapa. I don't remember of having any problems with growing Mirabilis jalapa before. They have always been an easy plant for me to raise. I have read the article on spider mites and I am wondering if I should just let them go or buy an insecticide like Bayer Advanced 3 in 1 Insect, Disease and Mite control. The spider mites are taking over my yard.
- I have little black beetles in my home do you know what they are and how to get rid of them?
- We have a lot of pill bugs in our vegetable garden and strawberries. How can we get rid of them?
- I recently moved into a house. I noticed what I thought were little black ants didn't bother me I've delt with little black ants before. then I noticed that these little ants didn't have legs that stick out. then I noticed that they weren't ants. once in awhile I would see them when I swept the floor and occationaly I would see one or a few climbing up my wall. but now the really sad thing is they are all over in my Flour, My bags of rice and now i will have to throw it all out. What kind of a bug is it? it is about 1/4 inch long, very thin, and very black. Help me. And what do I need to do to get rid of it?
- I have large burrowing bees or wasps that live in my sandbox. They do not sting but are very annoying. What is the best way to get rid of them?
- I have been fighting a battle with snails and slugs for the past 10 years. I can't find diatomaceous earth that is free of serious pesticides and I can use around my vegetables. (It seems to be more like typical non-garden pesticide in the form I find it.) I also wonder about copper barriers and what sort of copper I could use for that.
- I had some trouble with Squash Bugs attacking my Spagetti Squash. Now my plants looks as if it may have Cucurbit Yellow Vine Disease (CYVD). Should I try to deteremine if its really CYVD and if it is, what do I need to do?