Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
Rate This FAQ
Our literature says that you should not use cat/dog manure in gardens because of the parasites, germs etc. that they can contain. I called a vet and asked him. He said that your grow boxes should be Ok . You have removed the feces and don't need to remove the soil. He also said that if you put a little liquid Pine Sol in the boxes, the cats don't like it and won't use the spot. You can also cover the grow boxes in the fall with black plastic so the cat can't get in.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I get rid of the Quaking Aspen suckers that are coming up in my lawn without hurting the trees or the grass?
- I have old cottonwoods in my yard. Vines are growing up about 5-6 feet on them (honeysuckle, ivy or virginia creeper) They are dying about on a year for the past 4 years and I lost another one this summer. Are the vines killing them or could it be the age of the trees?
- Looks like my potted tomato plants have Fusarium Wilt and will soon die. 1)Any thing I can do to save the plants and soil? 2)Can I eat the tomatos?
- I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.
- I have a vine growing on my fence that has sparse dark blue berries and thick red stems. What plant is this? Image showing this plant can be seen at http://themodbod.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ivy-to-use.jpg
- I have a Blierana flowering plum tree that failed to leaf out fully this spring. I looked at it yesterday and found at least fifty places on the branches where a snake-like resin/sap has been pushed out of the branch. Is this a borer doing damage? What do I do? Should I remove the tree to prevent further damage to surrounding trees? Is there something I can spray? Can I ever plant a tree in this same spot? I have trees all along my fence line in a row and really need a replacement tree if this one is going to die.
- I have varmits that are ruining my lawn during the winter (under snow). They make trails and destroy the lawn about 4 inches wide. I can find no holes only the trails and dead grass flipped to the side of the trails. Any ideas? We are going crazy trying to figure this out. We have never had this problem until last year.
- Will kumquat trees grow in St. George, Utah?