Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
Rate This FAQ
Our literature says that you should not use cat/dog manure in gardens because of the parasites, germs etc. that they can contain. I called a vet and asked him. He said that your grow boxes should be Ok . You have removed the feces and don't need to remove the soil. He also said that if you put a little liquid Pine Sol in the boxes, the cats don't like it and won't use the spot. You can also cover the grow boxes in the fall with black plastic so the cat can't get in.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- JUST SENT A EMAIL, I GUESS I CAN'T ATTACH A PICTURE OF THE TREE I'M AKING ABOUT, HOW CAN I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF TREES THESE ARE.
- I have a large weeping willow tree in my backyard that has started dripping sap as well as loosing leaves. It appears that some of the larger branches are dying as well. Is there anything I could do to bring the tree back to life?
- I have an indoor pathos that I potted about a month ago. I noticed recently some fuzz on the soil. Is it mold? Yesterday, the end of the vine was black. How can I save the plant?
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- We bought a home in East Millcreek w/out any trees in the front yard. We really like the look of the Sycamore tree (with the mottled bark), but don't know if that is the best choice. Is it possible to get one that doesn't bear fruit (itchy-bombs, as we called it as children)? What other trees would you suggest as a large shade tree? Once we decide on a tree, I was planning on checking with all our neighbors to see if they want to plant the same tree so that 20 years down the road, we have a beautiful street. So, I want to plant something that won't make my neighbors despise me down the road!
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?