Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
Rate This FAQ
If the veins stand out as a little darker than the surounding area then it is iron deficiency. Zinc deficiency usually goes along with it. Nitrogen deficiency causes the leaves to look evenly lighter, no darker veins. If you add iron now, you will notice little if any improvement as the tree takes up most iron as the leaves are first being formed. The later in the summer, the less good it will do to add iron. There are iron foliar sprays you can apply that will work this time of year. They are not long lasting, but will help for now. Next spring at bud swell, apply chelated iron. Chelated is formulated to work best in our alkaline soils.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I control earwigs in my home and garden?
- I have an apricot tree in my backyard that is loaded with apricots. We have not sprayed the tree with anything, but I would like to use what I can of the fruit that is not 'buggy'. The apricots have red/brown spots on the skin, my research tells me it might be a fungus. Would the fruit be safe to eat if it was cooked and then canned? Also, I would like to transplant some of my fathers raspberry bushes, when is the best time to do that?
- This year we planted our first home garden. It was a lot of fun, but we need to know what to do to make it better next year. Specifically: our plants grew VERY large, but did not yield much fruit. What fruit we did get was typically small and misshapen. We did not fertilize, except some nitrogen along with dead lawn clippings last fall. What should we do this fall to get the soils ready for more fruit and less leaves next year?
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- Are there master gardeners in the Millcreek Township area?
- Flowering Pear trees. I have some mature "Chanticleer" flowering pears. For the last 2 years, the new foliage has emerged with curled leaves and a white, cottony substance. This condition seems to lessen with the hot weather, but the foliage doesn't seem to totally look healthy like when the trees were younger. What is it and can it be treated?