Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
Rate This FAQ
If the veins stand out as a little darker than the surounding area then it is iron deficiency. Zinc deficiency usually goes along with it. Nitrogen deficiency causes the leaves to look evenly lighter, no darker veins. If you add iron now, you will notice little if any improvement as the tree takes up most iron as the leaves are first being formed. The later in the summer, the less good it will do to add iron. There are iron foliar sprays you can apply that will work this time of year. They are not long lasting, but will help for now. Next spring at bud swell, apply chelated iron. Chelated is formulated to work best in our alkaline soils.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a large mature cherry tree that over the past 3 weeks has had its leaves turn from green to yellow and now die off (July). I have not changed any watering patterns. The trunk "crotch" has debris, and small crawly wormy insects. How can I treat? Is it too late? It's a lovely tree, provides great shade and privacy.
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- I have small white worms in my turnips and radishes. How do I deal with this problem?
- The grass in certain areas of my lawn is not growing well. I've been told it may be due to the fact that they're adjacent to pine trees, and that fallen pine needles have caused locally acidic conditions. It is suggested that I apply Gypsum in these areas. Are the diagnoses and suggestions plausible ?
- Many of my potatoes this year have splits in them, but then the skins have grown over the splits, leaving a very uneven skin. Is there something I have done wrong? We have watered about every 4-5 days.
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?