Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
Rate This FAQ
If the veins stand out as a little darker than the surounding area then it is iron deficiency. Zinc deficiency usually goes along with it. Nitrogen deficiency causes the leaves to look evenly lighter, no darker veins. If you add iron now, you will notice little if any improvement as the tree takes up most iron as the leaves are first being formed. The later in the summer, the less good it will do to add iron. There are iron foliar sprays you can apply that will work this time of year. They are not long lasting, but will help for now. Next spring at bud swell, apply chelated iron. Chelated is formulated to work best in our alkaline soils.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a stand of Gambel Oaks in my yard, I would like to leave the oaks, but fill in about 12 inches deep to level the area out. Will this damage the oaks? Is there any recommended ground cover to place in the area?
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- I have a red photina thats leaves, in part of the bush, seemed like they were burnt. Is it a disease that these bushes can get? If I cut it back all the way, will all of the bush come out of it or should I get rid of the bush? The photina next to it is just fine.
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?
- What materials should I use to raise depressions in my lawn around retaining walls and sidewalks?
- I want to plant raspberries in my garden next spring but am confused. Which does better in Cache Valley: summer- or fall-bearing? The USU pub on raspberry production (HG/2004-16) says plant only Haida or Malling Joy, but I haven't found anything about these species on the web. Is this statement still valid? If so, are they fall- or summer-bearing? If not, what is your species suggestion?
- I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.