Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?
Rate This FAQ
Legally, no. All water, surface and ground, belongs to the State of Utah. One can make application at Utah Division of Water Resources to put said water to beneficial use. If application is approved, you are allowed to use the water according to the conditions prescribed by the State Water Engineer. Will Atkin is in the State Water office in North Logan. If you want to pursue an application, Will can be reached at 752-8755.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- JUST SENT A EMAIL, I GUESS I CAN'T ATTACH A PICTURE OF THE TREE I'M AKING ABOUT, HOW CAN I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF TREES THESE ARE.
- I have a large, old walnut tree in my front yard. The bark on the east/northeast side of the tree is separating from the trunk. Is this a sign of disease or other problems? And can I peel the bark off the tree or will that hurt the tree?
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?