Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
Rate This FAQ
Installing barriers to try to stop Aspens from spreading is usually very impractical and does not produce a lot of control. The barrier may confine the root system but the roots may just grown down and around and up the other side. Aspen trees tend to produce the most suckers when they are stressed. To help reduce the amount of suckers they are producing focus on maintaining the health and vigor of the tree by watering deeply but infrequently, fertilizing when needed and disturbing the root system as little as possible. In addition, avoid pruning the trees as this will also increase the amount of suckers they produce. I have included a link to a document that has some information on deep watering trees.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- I have a huge weeping willow in my front yard. My next door neighbor swears the root system has invaded her septic line. She had a globe will previously taken out that was about 10 feet from her main water line while my weeper is about 30. My own line is about 15 feet from the weeper. Is there any validation to her statement?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?
- JUST SENT A EMAIL, I GUESS I CAN'T ATTACH A PICTURE OF THE TREE I'M AKING ABOUT, HOW CAN I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF TREES THESE ARE.
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?