Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).
- I have several burning bushes and every year they start out great in the spring but later spring the leaves turn yellow, I have been adding iron to the soil around them and it seems to help a bit but it still happens every year. Could it be something else?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- How can you tell if a fertilizer is a "slow-release"? What are the best NPK ratios for this area?
- We have a scrub oak that has been growing between a pine and an aspen, which has made the oak very lop-sided. The aspen is gone now. How much purning can we do to the oak to try and even it's growth?
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- I would like to dig up my geraniums and overwinter them. What is the best way to overwinter them?
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?