Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have large burrowing bees or wasps that live in my sandbox. They do not sting but are very annoying. What is the best way to get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
The pests you describe may be a species of bees (most don’t sting) or wasps (many do sting). Since they are burrowing in the sand you could drop a teaspoon of Sevin granular into each burrow thereby forcing the insects to consume the pesticide. However, since this is a sandbox in which your children play you may prefer to dampen the sand thoroughly, then cover the box with clear plastic and let the rays of the sun heat the box beyond the survival temperatures of the pests. This may take a few days during which the sandbox would be off limits. Then spade up the sandbox to make sure the coast is clear. A cover over the box would help prevent a reoccurrence.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Pole bean plants are getting eaten by something, little bites all over. Now leaves are turning yellow and drying up. What do you think the problem is. They get plenty of water.
- How do I get rid of nightcrawlers? My lawn is getting real lumpy.
- I have black beetles about an inch long in my home. They do not like the light, and look similar to a blister beetle, but the head is more compact to the body. I only see one or two at a time, but for every one I kill, one more shows up. What are they, and how do I get rid of them?
- I have tons of ants outside my house. When I am weeding I run into them. I have put down some diazion and they are still there always in the same spots. Is there anything I can use outside to get rid of them permentaly. If I don't keep the diazion granules in my cracks in my garage they are always there to. I just want them gone.
- We have a deck that holds a raised hot tub about 3 - 4 feet off the ground (it's on a wood stand). Unfortunatley, bees or wasps (not sure which) have decided to use the insulation underneath the hot tub as their home. Help! I have elementary age kids that are always outside. How do I get rid of them?
- I came up the stairs this morning, thinking there was a wad of cat hair...Ohhh was I wrong! It was a beetle almost 3" long! HUGE! Scared me to death! WHAT is it??? I have pictures of it along side a ruler. Brownish...legs were quite 'barbed'. Big antenae. Ewww.
- My daughter found a strange insect outside today. It 1 1/2 inches long and has the coloring of a wasp. The back part of the body looks like a very large wasp, but the front part and front legs look more like a praying mantis. Just wondering if you could tell us what kind of insect this could be. It was definitely interesting looking!
- What should you use to kill Box Elder bugs?