Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
Rate This FAQ
The fruit should be safe to eat as long as you take extra care when applying the weed and feed fertilizer to make sure none of the fertilizer come into contact with either the leaves or the fruit that is on the tree. I have included a link that has some more information regarding the selection and use of fertilizers.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?
- I just ordered some blueberry bushes and wondered where I need to plant them in my garden.
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- I planted some fruit trees fall 2009 and am noticing tons of fruit on them already in this first year. I've heard I should pick them all and wait until the second year to let them mature. Is this right?
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?
- JUST SENT A EMAIL, I GUESS I CAN'T ATTACH A PICTURE OF THE TREE I'M AKING ABOUT, HOW CAN I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF IT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF TREES THESE ARE.
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?