Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
Rate This FAQ
The fruit should be safe to eat as long as you take extra care when applying the weed and feed fertilizer to make sure none of the fertilizer come into contact with either the leaves or the fruit that is on the tree. I have included a link that has some more information regarding the selection and use of fertilizers.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My petunias are horribly sticky - I assume thrips are in control although I have tried to keep them washed off (insecticidal soap) and sprayed with a systemic (orthonex). Is there anything else I might try? Would a dormant oil spray work, and if so when would I use it? Also, there are small worms that are probably chomping the blossoms. What would work to prevent or kill them? How do worms can get into my flower boxes, that are at least 6 feet off the ground?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?
- How do I eradicate an OLD ivy? This has a trunk like a small tree and vast growth on a wall. I'd like to put in a carport and have been hacking at this ivy but am concerned it will grow back. Can I paint the cut trunk to stop re-growth? Would a copper nail kill it? Thanks!
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- What kind of Strawberry plant do you recommend? I remember Crocket's Victory Garden recommending an ever bearing one for the New England area.
- What is a good fertilizer schedule?
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?