Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have an 8 year old Norway Spruce. It has a section at the base where the needle grow is restricted and the stems look whitish. The rest of the tree has green plush growth and it is about 12 ft high now. It had this problem when I brought it home from the nursery but I thought it would snap out of it. What is this and is there anything I can do?
Rate This FAQ
Withoutout seeing photographs or physically seeing the tree, it is not possible for me to determine what is happening. Due to this, I am hesitant to try to make a diagnosis. Is it possible for you to email digital photos to firstname.lastname@example.org? I may be better able to help you with them.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- We have about 6 pine trees (blue spruce) in our yard and we have noticed that this year they are loaded with pine cones. Does this mean anything? We have looked on the farmers almanac thinking that it must mean we are in for a hard winter, or something in that nature, but have been unsuccessful in finding the answer. Do you have any information why the trees are loaded with pine cones?
- In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
- How do I keep birds out of my sweet cherry trees?
- I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- My lawn has distinct areas that are brown next to healthy areas. The brown areas are covered in small holes.
- We planted some scrub oak plants a few years ago that we got from a nursery. Although they come back every year they never get any bigger. They are still the same size as when we planted them. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it take off?