Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted my vines mid may before the endless rains. Now many leaves are turning black in spots. Will this correct itself as things dry out and warm up?
Rate This FAQ
Without seeing your plants it is hard to say for certain what the problem is but this sounds like it could be a fungal disease brought on by all of the rain and the cool temperatures. I have included a link below about growing tomatoes that has more information including control options of fungal diseases. I have also included a link with our most current small fruit and vegetable IPM advisory. This is a newsletter sent out via email that gives up to date information about problems specific to our area to look for in your garden. If you would like to sign up for this service click on the following link: http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/subscriptions
If you would like confirmation on the problem with your tomato plants you can bring in a sample to our office at 2001 S. State Street S1200.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to plant trees in my park strip, but have a gas line running through the middle. If I hand dig, is it ok to plant trees over the top of the line? What is the depth of gas lines?
- Our house is in Murray between the Jordan River and the North Jordan Canal. It faces east, so our backyard in on the west side. We have a steep slope of clay soil. We need some trees which would provide shade and privacy. We have tried river birch, blue spruce and a pine. All have died. We have a deep water system for the trees. The needles on our spruce and pine turned brown and dropped off. What kind of trees could we plant under these circumstances?
- We have lost 2 pine trees and are now loosing our quaking aspen. It has black spots on leaves and trunk has back on it also. The leaves are falling off. Is there anything that can save the tree?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- I am considering a weeping willow for my back yard. I have not heard good things about them being planted in Salt Lake. What is your opinion, and would I be better going with a different species or will a willow be fine?