Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have several ornamental trees such as flowering pear and cherry, they have holes in the trunk and are weeping in some places.We are trying to save them, we have sprayed them with imidan for a couple years and it has'nt taken care of the problem. It would be horrible if they were destoyed. Do you have any suggestions that would help. We also have several fruit bearing trees that we don't want infested. I understand there is better spray out there but you have to be licensed, I'm not sure how much time these trees have, but we'll do whatever we can.
Rate This FAQ
If you are sure they are borer holes in the trucks, the imidan you have been spraying on them is not the best product for borers. I would suggest you use something link Bayer Advanced Tree and Shrub Insect Control. It has a systemic insecticide called 'Merit' that should work better for you than the Imidan. You can find it at most Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes stores.
Most borers are host specific and don't cross over to other trees. Your best line of defense is to keep your fruit trees healthy and happy and to follow the spray guidelines for fruit tree spraying on our website found at the following link. http://extension.usu.edu/boxelder/htm/fruit
Please call or email me if you have other questions I can answer.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
- We just planted a maple tree in our back yard and noticed today that almost every single leaf has large circular spots that appear to have been "eaten" out of the sides of the leaves. I've read about a tar disease, but I don't really see the tar on the leaves. What could it be and is there something we should do about it?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- I have recently identified three large plants growing on a stream bed in my yard as water hemlock. From what I have read on-line, this is a very poisonous plant. Supposedly the stalks remain poisonous even when dead. My plants are quite bulky, and would fill at least a few garbage cans if cut down. Can you advise me on how to safely deal with these plants?
- Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- I am buying a home, and have no idea how to take card of a yard and plant a garden/flowers. Do you have or know of any classes to teach these things?