Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to find out where I can obtain a list of the daily rainfall/precip totals for the Logan area.
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a large weeping willow tree in my backyard that has started dripping sap as well as loosing leaves. It appears that some of the larger branches are dying as well. Is there anything I could do to bring the tree back to life?
- We would like to plant a pasture (about 2 acres). We would like one that creates sod, like a lawn, rather than a bunch grass. It will be used to hold a hillside and eventually to graze a few animals. We could cut it for grass hay also. What would be the best varieties of seed to use for a pasture like this?
- I have many Chanticleer pear's in my yard. Each year they swarm with Wasps during the day. There are not any nests in them. Is there anything I can do or spray to remove them? They have been swarming many of my Quakies as well. I have read online that it could be from aphids on the trees and the Wasps go after the sugary substance the aphids leave behind. I have noticed on my Quakies that there are small holes on some leaves which might mean aphids, but on the Chanticleer's there are not any holes on the leaves so I don't think aphids would be on those. Please help the wasps are out of control on these trees.
- Our house is in Murray between the Jordan River and the North Jordan Canal. It faces east, so our backyard in on the west side. We have a steep slope of clay soil. We need some trees which would provide shade and privacy. We have tried river birch, blue spruce and a pine. All have died. We have a deep water system for the trees. The needles on our spruce and pine turned brown and dropped off. What kind of trees could we plant under these circumstances?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- I have an 8 year old Norway Spruce. It has a section at the base where the needle grow is restricted and the stems look whitish. The rest of the tree has green plush growth and it is about 12 ft high now. It had this problem when I brought it home from the nursery but I thought it would snap out of it. What is this and is there anything I can do?
- I am trying to plant a "microforest" in my yard (.25 acre). I am looking for trees that will do well planted fairly close together (8' or less), evergreen and deciduous, to form a woodland-type setting. I also need bushes that can grow on a mild slope (drip irrigation) in this same location. I am particularly interested in dwarf, narrow, columnar evergreens. I've seen some in landscaping (I refer to them as Charlie Brown Christmas trees) around Park City and in Idaho that seem to stay in a very small footprint (4-5'?). But I haven't found a nursery that knows what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated. I have started with a clump birch, a japanese maple, and a bakeri spruce (must be a dwarf as it says it will only grow to ten feet (6' wide).
- What type of grass would hold up to high traffic in a yard facing south (no shade)? We are needing to re-seed or buy sod.