Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
Rate This FAQ
There are several different possibilities of what could be happening to your peach tree from the symptoms you described. It is difficult to narrow it down without seeing a sample of your tree. You could bring a sample into our office at 2001 S. State Street S1200 for diagnosis.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have thornless red raspberries that have been planted for three years. (I don't know the name of the variety.) The berries are very small - too small. Suggestions?
- My lawn has distinct areas that are brown next to healthy areas. The brown areas are covered in small holes.
- The grass in certain areas of my lawn is not growing well. I've been told it may be due to the fact that they're adjacent to pine trees, and that fallen pine needles have caused locally acidic conditions. It is suggested that I apply Gypsum in these areas. Are the diagnoses and suggestions plausible ?
- I have a relatively young peach tree which just split down the middle today, I'm assuming due to the weight of the peaches. I have cut off some of the branches and removed some peaches to help lighten the load. I called a nursery and they said in addition to doing that I should bring the branches back together and secure them together in attempt to save the remaining peaches. Then this fall I need to completely remove the partially broken branches. My questions for you are: Is this tree salvageable if I cut off 2/3 of its branches and will the peaches I've taken off ripen under any conditions?
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?