Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?
Rate This FAQ
Kumquats are native to subtopic regions and are closely related to citrus trees. While they are more cold tolerant than most citrus, they can only withstand temperatures as low as 28 degrees, any colder and the plant will be seriously injured. Since our winters in northern Utah can get significantly colder than that in some years any trees planted outside would need a great deal of protection and care. The USDA hardiness zones recommended for kumquats are 8-10.
If you wish to purchase a kumquat you most likely will have to either order on line or place a specialty order with a local nursery that offers that service.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- I have a vine growing on my fence that has sparse dark blue berries and thick red stems. What plant is this? Image showing this plant can be seen at http://themodbod.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ivy-to-use.jpg
- I mowed my lawn today (04/18/08) and noticed some dead "tracks" that I do not remember seeing when I mowed on Saturday (04/14/08). I thought that it might have been something from my lawn mower but it is a brand new Honda that I purchased 1 month ago. I have posted some pictures on my website and can be viewed at supersoygifts.com/grass.htm. Thanks for any info you can provide.
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- What materials should I use to raise depressions in my lawn around retaining walls and sidewalks?
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?