Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?
Rate This FAQ
Kumquats are native to subtopic regions and are closely related to citrus trees. While they are more cold tolerant than most citrus, they can only withstand temperatures as low as 28 degrees, any colder and the plant will be seriously injured. Since our winters in northern Utah can get significantly colder than that in some years any trees planted outside would need a great deal of protection and care. The USDA hardiness zones recommended for kumquats are 8-10.
If you wish to purchase a kumquat you most likely will have to either order on line or place a specialty order with a local nursery that offers that service.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just bought a house and the yard is a mess. We have multiple varieties of grasses and weeds, dry spots, dead spots and rodent damage. I am a staunch do-it-yourselfer but the number of different problems to attack is overwhelming. Where is the best place to get educated or to get started? If I take a bunch of digital pictures of the various problems and plant types is there someplace I can take them to get good advice? Tru Green also came by and said we have grubs, but all they did was LOOK at the grass. I can pull up the dirt myself, but I don't know what to look for.
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- Are there master gardeners in the Millcreek Township area?
- I have small white worms in my turnips and radishes. How do I deal with this problem?
- Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
- What materials should I use to raise depressions in my lawn around retaining walls and sidewalks?
- I have seen ads for canada green grass seed. It talks about it's resistance to drought, and the fact that is a very hearty grass. Do you have any info on this grass seed?
- I would like to build some grow boxes for vegetables. Do you have any recommendations what type of wood or other material should be used for a grow box?