Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?
Rate This FAQ
Kumquats are native to subtopic regions and are closely related to citrus trees. While they are more cold tolerant than most citrus, they can only withstand temperatures as low as 28 degrees, any colder and the plant will be seriously injured. Since our winters in northern Utah can get significantly colder than that in some years any trees planted outside would need a great deal of protection and care. The USDA hardiness zones recommended for kumquats are 8-10.
If you wish to purchase a kumquat you most likely will have to either order on line or place a specialty order with a local nursery that offers that service.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- I planted my vines mid may before the endless rains. Now many leaves are turning black in spots. Will this correct itself as things dry out and warm up?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- The leaves on my snowball bush are withered and the flowers almost nonexistant. The neighboring lilac doesn't look to good either. What could be causing this problem.
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?