Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I buy a kumquat tree in Utah? Will it survive living outdoors in SLC?
Rate This FAQ
Kumquats are native to subtopic regions and are closely related to citrus trees. While they are more cold tolerant than most citrus, they can only withstand temperatures as low as 28 degrees, any colder and the plant will be seriously injured. Since our winters in northern Utah can get significantly colder than that in some years any trees planted outside would need a great deal of protection and care. The USDA hardiness zones recommended for kumquats are 8-10.
If you wish to purchase a kumquat you most likely will have to either order on line or place a specialty order with a local nursery that offers that service.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I eradicate an OLD ivy? This has a trunk like a small tree and vast growth on a wall. I'd like to put in a carport and have been hacking at this ivy but am concerned it will grow back. Can I paint the cut trunk to stop re-growth? Would a copper nail kill it? Thanks!
- What is a good fertilizer schedule?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- I am trying to identify a tree that grows all over St. George area. It has a beautiful pink bloom, elongated oval leaf, small- med. height tree. It's been identified to me as a chitolpe tree? It's not an avacado tree.
- Your answer about watering wasn't specific enough for me. My tomatoes have always cracked and it wasn't until last year that I got the vague answer about uneven watering. Now I'm beginning to think that my gallon a day watering of my one little plant was too much. I also have a drip system that waters three times a week just under the soil at the base of the plant. Should I stop being a helicopter mom and leave it just to the drip system? My plant is a foot high, been in the ground with lots of organic material and has a few small tomatoes. Please tell me how much and how often to water.
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- We planted some scrub oak plants a few years ago that we got from a nursery. Although they come back every year they never get any bigger. They are still the same size as when we planted them. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it take off?