Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have a concord grape vine on our fense and our neighbor has a large woodpile near it. The wood pile is a home for hornets which eat our grapes before they are ready to pick. What is a safe way to get rid of the hornets in the wood pile?
Rate This FAQ
I would suggest that you use a wasp and hornet trap. Begin early so that the population of hornets doesn’t get so large. The wasp or hornet species you have will determine the trap that you will want to use. Please see the attached Utah Pests-Newsletter and look at the article 'The Right Trap for the Right Wasp'.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have ants all over my yard. I also have domestic cats and wild birds. Is there any organic or other non-toxic way to kill the ants without putting poison in my yard? If not, what is the most effective, least toxic substance I can use?
- We have a scorpion that just came up on our patio when our sprinklers came on. Is it normal to find a scorpion in Herriman? I have never heard of them here. It seems to be all white and very mean as it came after the people sitting on the patio rather than going away from them. We now have it in a bottle. This concerns me as I have a two year old and a baby who play out side. How do I keep them out of my yard?
- I have a big problem with a little pest in my house. I would call them fruit flies, but they don't hang around fruit. They mostly bug me as I sit here at this computer, and often times in the bathroom by the mirror. How can I get rid of these tiny flies?
- I have black beetles about an inch long in my home. They do not like the light, and look similar to a blister beetle, but the head is more compact to the body. I only see one or two at a time, but for every one I kill, one more shows up. What are they, and how do I get rid of them?
- When do spray for the cotteling moths, Apple worms?
- I have an infestation of giant willow aphids. How do I get rid of them? What damage will they do?
- We have lots of large, brown, fat beetles around our house this year. Any idea what they are, and if they are a problem for our plants and flowers?
- My daughter found a strange insect outside today. It 1 1/2 inches long and has the coloring of a wasp. The back part of the body looks like a very large wasp, but the front part and front legs look more like a praying mantis. Just wondering if you could tell us what kind of insect this could be. It was definitely interesting looking!