Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have a concord grape vine on our fense and our neighbor has a large woodpile near it. The wood pile is a home for hornets which eat our grapes before they are ready to pick. What is a safe way to get rid of the hornets in the wood pile?
Rate This FAQ
I would suggest that you use a wasp and hornet trap. Begin early so that the population of hornets doesn’t get so large. The wasp or hornet species you have will determine the trap that you will want to use. Please see the attached Utah Pests-Newsletter and look at the article 'The Right Trap for the Right Wasp'.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have been fighting a battle with snails and slugs for the past 10 years. I can't find diatomaceous earth that is free of serious pesticides and I can use around my vegetables. (It seems to be more like typical non-garden pesticide in the form I find it.) I also wonder about copper barriers and what sort of copper I could use for that.
- I have these little tiny beetle bugs. I suspect they are the mexican jumping bug thing. They are all over my tomatos, they eat the leaves until I wonder if the tomatoes will survive. What can I do to get rid of them? P.S. They eat my potato plants too.
- I have a house in Kanab with a lot of Desert Poppies and Blue Flax Grass that is pretty tall surrounded by Junipers in the front yard. I think I may have Noseeums. If so how do I get rid of them? I got bit up pretty bad last weekend working in the yard.
- I have little black beetles in my home do you know what they are and how to get rid of them?
- I have a big problem with a little pest in my house. I would call them fruit flies, but they don't hang around fruit. They mostly bug me as I sit here at this computer, and often times in the bathroom by the mirror. How can I get rid of these tiny flies?
- We have flying insects black and red. long tail laying eggs in juniper trees. What are they?
- We have ants inside and outside of our house. Twice a year, we have flying ants in the basement of our house. In our garden and strawberry patch, we have big aggresive ants that make it difficult to enjoy our strawberries. What is the best way to get rid of the ants in these places? Is is ok to poison them around the strawberries? What about in the house?
- I have millions of tiny black jumping bugs in my garage. They go in and out of the cracks in the floors, all over the concrete, walls, etc. I see very few in the day time; However at night millions everywhere. I have tried every spay I know of but nothing seems to kill them. Please Help.