Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have a concord grape vine on our fense and our neighbor has a large woodpile near it. The wood pile is a home for hornets which eat our grapes before they are ready to pick. What is a safe way to get rid of the hornets in the wood pile?
Rate This FAQ
I would suggest that you use a wasp and hornet trap. Begin early so that the population of hornets doesn’t get so large. The wasp or hornet species you have will determine the trap that you will want to use. Please see the attached Utah Pests-Newsletter and look at the article 'The Right Trap for the Right Wasp'.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have tons of ants outside my house. When I am weeding I run into them. I have put down some diazion and they are still there always in the same spots. Is there anything I can use outside to get rid of them permentaly. If I don't keep the diazion granules in my cracks in my garage they are always there to. I just want them gone.
- I am interested in beekeeping, and am currently reading several books on the subject. All of the books have said, "contact your local extension office to find out about apiary organizations and to register your hives." I've looked all over your site and can't find anything on this subject for Washington County. Where can I find information on apiary organizations in this area?
- Is there a beetle around Salt Lake City that looks like the big, black, fast-running roaches I remember from New Orleans?
- I have large burrowing bees or wasps that live in my sandbox. They do not sting but are very annoying. What is the best way to get rid of them?
- We found (we think) a black widow spider in our home last night. It is completely black with a red hour-glass shape on its belly. We are concerned that there may be more of them in our home. I normally am opposed to using chemicals to get rid of spiders or insects, but in this case I think there is a bit of a health risk. I am particularly concerned about the safety of my children whose ages range from 9 months to 5 years. What can I do to get rid of any other black widow spiders that may be in our house, besides trying to keep corners clean, etc.?
- We have a lot of pill bugs in our vegetable garden and strawberries. How can we get rid of them?
- Do spiders eat earwigs?
- I live in Bloomington Just south of Saint George, Utah. About a week ago I noticed hundreds of little greenish/yellowish flying bugs. Like I said they have been here about a week and they are not going away. I have lived in the area for about six years now and have never seen them before. Do you have any idea what they are and how I can control them? Regards Randy