Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?
Rate This FAQ
Several things can make holes in the bean leaves, the most common would be the Mexican bean beetle. The bean beetle looks like a yellow/tan ladybug with black spots. Look for the adults as well as the yellow larvae and yellow eggs masses on the undersides of the leaves. You can smash them or apply a rotenone or pyrethrum dust. Ask your favorite nursery what they have for the bean beetle. If you don't see any evidence of the bean beetle, you may have earwigs. They too will eat the leaves. You don't usually see the earwigs as they feed at night. The nurseries carry earwig baits. If you have further questions, you can call us at 851-8462
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to plant trees in my park strip, but have a gas line running through the middle. If I hand dig, is it ok to plant trees over the top of the line? What is the depth of gas lines?
- The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
- We planted apple trees last year. When do we spray for cottling moths?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- I am considering a weeping willow for my back yard. I have not heard good things about them being planted in Salt Lake. What is your opinion, and would I be better going with a different species or will a willow be fine?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?