Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We bought an apple tree to plant on arbor day,but still haven't got to planting it. I've tried to keep it watered and in the sun, but the poor thing is struggling. The leaves appear to be dying on the ends. Will it still survive if we get it in the ground? Also can it be planted in an area that gets a lot of water? It is a Braeburn tree.
Rate This FAQ
Getting the tree in the ground will definitely help. Unfortunately, planting it in an area that gets a lot of water will be a problem. Your tree will probably need to be water every 4-7 days, depending on your soil type. If the tree stays too wet the roots will suffocate and the tree die. My suggestion would be to choose a different location, or try and adjust your sprinkler system to avoid watering the area that you would like to plant. Feel free to give me a call if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I get rid of codling moth?
- Our family has a huge peach orchard and this year we have been having the pit of the peach split in half when you open it and it looks like another "seed" is trying to grow in the middle of it. What is causing this and how do you fix it?
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- I am wondering if the worms in cherries are safe to eat? They are so small it doesn't really bother me to eat them but I don't want to if they could make me sick or continue to live and grow inside me.
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?
- This is the same question I ask every year. What is the best time to pick golden delicious apples near the Hilcrest School area in Logan.? Two, what is the best way to store apples when all I have is a regrigerator in the garage? Thanks for responding to my questions.
- We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
- Is there a variety of Nectarine which will grow well here in northern Utah? Can I grow just one tree? Is it okay to grow it near a peach tree or will they cross-pollinate and cause problems? Do they have the same risk of disease as peaches do?