Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
Rate This FAQ
I believe these are called Maple Spindle Galls, caused by a mite, they
are seldom a threat to the tree but have them send a sample to the
Utah Plant Pest Diagnostic Laboratory; Ryan Davis would be the guy to
ask more about this arthropod problem......it's not a pathogenic
disease. Hope that helps.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is Fall a good time to plant a new lawn? I am a 72 year old homeowner. My back yard (about 2000 sq feet) is barren except or weeds (which my daughter and grandchildren are busy removing).
- We bought a house that has quaking aspens around the perimeter of the yard. About half of them are dying or are already dead. What can we do to prevent the rest of them from dying, and what should we do with the dead trees?
- Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- We don't have morning glory in our lawn, but it is taking over our strawberries. Is there anything we can do? If we decide we'd rather get rid of the morning glory instead of saving the strawberries, will roundup get rid of it?
- I've just moved here from Maryland and I'm starting to landscape our yard. I've noticed that none of my neighbors use mulch in their flower beds. Why is that? I thought mulch helped to keep the soil moist as well as keep out the weeds. Plus you can till it back into the soil in the fall for aeration.
- I have an braeburn apple tree that we got from a local nursery last fall. the leaves were slightly curled after we planted it and i thought that it was just transplant shock but this spring it has not cleared up. All the leaves are curled up on the edges.