Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
Rate This FAQ
I believe these are called Maple Spindle Galls, caused by a mite, they
are seldom a threat to the tree but have them send a sample to the
Utah Plant Pest Diagnostic Laboratory; Ryan Davis would be the guy to
ask more about this arthropod problem......it's not a pathogenic
disease. Hope that helps.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- I have an apricot tree in my backyard that is loaded with apricots. We have not sprayed the tree with anything, but I would like to use what I can of the fruit that is not 'buggy'. The apricots have red/brown spots on the skin, my research tells me it might be a fungus. Would the fruit be safe to eat if it was cooked and then canned? Also, I would like to transplant some of my fathers raspberry bushes, when is the best time to do that?
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?
- My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?
- When is the best time to spray a cherry tree for worms?