Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
Rate This FAQ
Apples naturally go through what is called a “June drop”. If there is too much fruit set or if some flowers were not pollinated properly the tree may drop its fruit. The fruit needs to be thinned, one apple per 5-6” when they are about the size of a nickel.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- I have space for 2 fruit trees in my yard. I would like to plant an apple (red delicious) and a peach (red Haven). Are these the best varieties for my area, and how about cross pollination. My neighbor across the fence has a peach tree and I have a crab apple near by.
- I have many Chanticleer pear's in my yard. Each year they swarm with Wasps during the day. There are not any nests in them. Is there anything I can do or spray to remove them? They have been swarming many of my Quakies as well. I have read online that it could be from aphids on the trees and the Wasps go after the sugary substance the aphids leave behind. I have noticed on my Quakies that there are small holes on some leaves which might mean aphids, but on the Chanticleer's there are not any holes on the leaves so I don't think aphids would be on those. Please help the wasps are out of control on these trees.
- I have a small strip (about 1-1 1/2 feet) in front of my brick house that needs to be separated from my front lawn. I would like to put bricks or something to keep the grass from coming through. What would you suggest to use to separate the two areas? What would you suggest to plant?
- Looks like my potted tomato plants have Fusarium Wilt and will soon die. 1)Any thing I can do to save the plants and soil? 2)Can I eat the tomatos?
- How close together can flowering pear trees be planted?
- I have small white worms in my turnips and radishes. How do I deal with this problem?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?