Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
Rate This FAQ
Apples naturally go through what is called a “June drop”. If there is too much fruit set or if some flowers were not pollinated properly the tree may drop its fruit. The fruit needs to be thinned, one apple per 5-6” when they are about the size of a nickel.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our neighbors have recently cut down a Globe Willow and A Lombardy Poplar. They did not remove the trunks and the roots are not popping up in our lawn. Is there anyway for us to stop this from happening? These people are not the fastest movers and I have a feeling that the trunks will never be fully removed. These roots have already started to push up our concrete and have left runners down our lawn.
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- I planted 5 flowering pear trees. The leaves are drying out and dying. What can I do to make sure the trees do not die from transplant shock?
- I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
- I just ordered some blueberry bushes and wondered where I need to plant them in my garden.
- We just planted a maple tree in our back yard and noticed today that almost every single leaf has large circular spots that appear to have been "eaten" out of the sides of the leaves. I've read about a tar disease, but I don't really see the tar on the leaves. What could it be and is there something we should do about it?
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- There is a pecan tree where I work that is dropping leaves like crazy. Can I add the leaves to my vegetable garden and let it compost over the winter? Is there any toxicity in pecan leaves?