Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
Rate This FAQ
Several Insecticides are labeled for control of Alfalfa Weevil. Furadan has been taken off the market for alfalfa.
Lorsban is still available and works well on Alfalfa Weevil if applied properly.
Mustang Max and Warrior also list Alfalfa Weevil on the label however many growers have not been happy with the control these products have provided on Alfalfa Weevil.
A new product Colbalt that combines Lorsban with a chemical similar to Warrior is now available, early reports have been very favorable.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just moved to SLC from Phx,Az and many of the plants here are new to me. I have some flowers in my yard that resemble "Blue Dicks" closely but, the flowers do not cluster -- they each form on a single stem and have been flowering since the end of April. I also have some Violet-like flowers growing in my lawn at about the same height as the grass. I would like to know what they might be and where I might be able to purchase seed or bulbs of the same type so I can plant more
- What can I put in my soil to loosen it up so it does not turn into clumps of heavy mud when wet?
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- How do I get rid of the Quaking Aspen suckers that are coming up in my lawn without hurting the trees or the grass?
- What are the differences and advantages or disadvantages of soil amendments? Specifically Perlite (expanded silicous rock), Vermiculite (expanded mica), Utelite (expanded shale).
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?