Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
Rate This FAQ
Several Insecticides are labeled for control of Alfalfa Weevil. Furadan has been taken off the market for alfalfa.
Lorsban is still available and works well on Alfalfa Weevil if applied properly.
Mustang Max and Warrior also list Alfalfa Weevil on the label however many growers have not been happy with the control these products have provided on Alfalfa Weevil.
A new product Colbalt that combines Lorsban with a chemical similar to Warrior is now available, early reports have been very favorable.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The grass in certain areas of my lawn is not growing well. I've been told it may be due to the fact that they're adjacent to pine trees, and that fallen pine needles have caused locally acidic conditions. It is suggested that I apply Gypsum in these areas. Are the diagnoses and suggestions plausible ?
- Why do we rake leaves? What would happen to my lawn and flower garden if I just left them on the ground and let the grass and perennials grow up through them? We currently mulch them with a mower and let most of them stay. Are we raising the elevation of our lawn? Are we doing good or bad to it?
- When moving into our new home I removed two small quaking aspen trees. Even though the main trees are gone there are a good multiple dozen shoots that are coming up all over the lawn. How do I get rid of these for good...hopefully without ripping up my entire yard? Also my neighbors all have these aspen trees and I would like to "treat" the baby shoots coming up on my side of the fence line without damaging their trees. Is that possible?
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
- We planted apple trees last year. When do we spray for cottling moths?
- My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- I have a Blierana flowering plum tree that failed to leaf out fully this spring. I looked at it yesterday and found at least fifty places on the branches where a snake-like resin/sap has been pushed out of the branch. Is this a borer doing damage? What do I do? Should I remove the tree to prevent further damage to surrounding trees? Is there something I can spray? Can I ever plant a tree in this same spot? I have trees all along my fence line in a row and really need a replacement tree if this one is going to die.
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?