Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application
Rate This FAQ
Several Insecticides are labeled for control of Alfalfa Weevil. Furadan has been taken off the market for alfalfa.
Lorsban is still available and works well on Alfalfa Weevil if applied properly.
Mustang Max and Warrior also list Alfalfa Weevil on the label however many growers have not been happy with the control these products have provided on Alfalfa Weevil.
A new product Colbalt that combines Lorsban with a chemical similar to Warrior is now available, early reports have been very favorable.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We just planted a maple tree in our back yard and noticed today that almost every single leaf has large circular spots that appear to have been "eaten" out of the sides of the leaves. I've read about a tar disease, but I don't really see the tar on the leaves. What could it be and is there something we should do about it?
- I would like to have a live, potted evergreen as my Christmas tree, and then plant it in my yard. Must the decorated tree remain outside? What species of tree would you recommend?
- I put in my entire yard in Fruit Heights in late July. I noticed my maple trees are losing leaves, and showing signs of distress. I put sod up to the tree trunks, but I'm wondering if I should cut the sod back, and put mulch in so the tree roots can breath. Good idea? I cut back on the watering as well, which could have been a problem for drainage. Any help?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- Some of the bottom leafs on my tomato plants have turned brown and are dying. I have lost one plant and it looks like another may go soon. I am watering three to four times per week and I have been putting a liquid fertilizer on the plants about once a week. Any ideas about what I may be doing wrong?
- What is a good fertilizer schedule?