Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
Rate This FAQ
Peas, radishes, lettuce and onions are considered cool season vegetables that you can plant as soon as you can work the soil in the spring. Melons, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers should be planted when the threat of frost is gone. Attached is a link to a variety recommendation with planting dates. http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_313.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can I put in my soil to loosen it up so it does not turn into clumps of heavy mud when wet?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- My Black Walnut tree is leaking sap terribly. What's wrong?
- I planted some fruit trees fall 2009 and am noticing tons of fruit on them already in this first year. I've heard I should pick them all and wait until the second year to let them mature. Is this right?
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
- I am going to overseed my west lawn. Do I need some type of covering (straw, peat, etc.) to help keep the seeds in place?
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?