Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
Rate This FAQ
Peas, radishes, lettuce and onions are considered cool season vegetables that you can plant as soon as you can work the soil in the spring. Melons, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers should be planted when the threat of frost is gone. Attached is a link to a variety recommendation with planting dates. http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_313.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I planted a spanish fir in my yard just two weeks ago. It appears to be dying. How often should I be watering it? And how much water should I be giving it each time that I water?
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- I just ordered some blueberry bushes and wondered where I need to plant them in my garden.
- Your answer about watering wasn't specific enough for me. My tomatoes have always cracked and it wasn't until last year that I got the vague answer about uneven watering. Now I'm beginning to think that my gallon a day watering of my one little plant was too much. I also have a drip system that waters three times a week just under the soil at the base of the plant. Should I stop being a helicopter mom and leave it just to the drip system? My plant is a foot high, been in the ground with lots of organic material and has a few small tomatoes. Please tell me how much and how often to water.
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
- I live in riverton and want to plant triple crown blackberries and dwarf northblue blueberries. Do you have any suggestions or help?