Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When is the best time to spray a cherry tree for worms?
- I love to golf. One of the reasons I love to golf is that I love the serenity of a golf course and especially the beautiful mature trees of all sorts. The Globe Willow in particular is my favorite because of its shape and size so I decided to purchase one and plant it in my backyard. I have read several articles that talk about these trees being very suceptible to disease and I wondered if it was as much of a problem here in Utah with such cold winters for half the year. I don't want to watch this tree suffer its whole life and end up taking it down. I live in the Cottonwood Heights area. Can you help with any advice?
- How to get rid of Goat Head Thorns?
- I have two maple trees in my parking strip. I believe they are the Autumn Blaze variety. They have a light green to yellow small leaf. The leaves are starting to die as if it needs water. They are spotted and turning brown and brittle. The branches are still green when I scrape the them. I do not think it is under heat stress since June has been mostly wet. We spoke with someone who lives about a mile from us who had the same problem last year and now the top of his tree is dead. We did see two other trees in his neighborhood with the same problem. It looks as though next year we may have the same dead trees if we do not do something to prevent them from dying. Can you tell me what is wrong and what I can do to save the trees?
- I have a raised bed garden using the square foot gardening method and I'm not having much luck. It seems like I have to water daily. Is it possible that my garden can get too much sun?
- Last year in June or July pesticide (Ortho Home) was used all over my yard...and in my garden. I didn't realize the dangers of pesticide, until after it had been sprayed/poured all over. Is it safe to plant a vegetable garden this year, or is the pesticide still present in my garden? Is there a way to get my soil tested to make sure it's safe? Thanks, Brandi
- I just moved to South Jordan and I have clumps of grass pok-a-dotting my lawn. Some say it is crab and others say Johnson. The clumps are hard and raised.
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.