Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I recently (spring 2009) planted a globe willow in Herriman, altitude 5300. I was told by an arborist that it should be okay as there are other successful globes in the foothills of the Quirrahs. It has now got leaves (May 2009) but they are getting yellow towards the mid to top and I suspect iron chlorosis. This is yellow, not the beautiful light green as usual.It gets good water and sun. It was planted with mixture of native clay, potting/planting soil and mulch including "mike" a good microorganism suggested for good plant rooting. Should I give it a dose of iron or let it be? Or us this normal? Help!
- My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?
- I have recently had topsoil brought in to grow a garden and my vegetable plants are wilting as if something in the soil is affecting them how do I get my soil tested to correct this?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- I planted my vines mid may before the endless rains. Now many leaves are turning black in spots. Will this correct itself as things dry out and warm up?
- How do I eradicate an OLD ivy? This has a trunk like a small tree and vast growth on a wall. I'd like to put in a carport and have been hacking at this ivy but am concerned it will grow back. Can I paint the cut trunk to stop re-growth? Would a copper nail kill it? Thanks!
- Someone told me not to use cherry tomatoes in my spaghetti sauce due to inadequate acidity. If I pressure can the sauce and it also includes zucchini, onion, eggplant and fresh herbs, could it not also include some quantity of cherry tomatoes as part of the mix? I like to use up excess veggies in my sauce.