Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We recently bought a home in Salt Lake city. The parking strip has very hard soil and weeds mixed with grass. Should we till it under and start over or air-rate it, keep it watered and sprinkle some grass seed on it in the fall or spring? We planted a sycomore tree (Bloodgood London Plane) and I think we stressed it by overwatering. About 50% of the leaves look sun scorched, some very dry and other leaves are green, full and lush, will it snap out of it? Should I air-rate the ground with a pitch fork around it?
- Whenever I go into the supermarket in the summer time I see people picking out watermelons and talking about bee stings as indicators of a good melon, but I thought bees only sting when threatened and that the sting contains a venom. Is there any correlation between the marks on watermelon and bees? Adam
- I have a Bartlett pear tree that has black spots on the leaves and holes chewed on some leaves and a few curled up leaves. Could you tell me what to spray for these problems?
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- Can Blenheim apricots be grown in Cache Valley? If so, what problems might I expect?
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- i was baking a chicken casserole last night. the power went out after about 30 minutes of baking. i put it in the fridge. then, i cooked it for 1 and 1/2 hours more when the power came back on 3 hours later. i put it back in the frige. is it safe to eat tonight?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.