Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I recently purchased a home in Sandy and there are chinese elms everywhere. Some of them are growing around gas and water lines. How do I get rid of them? Can I cut them down and poisen the root system? I also have a backyard that is completely overgrown with what I think is an annual bluegrass. I just want to rip all that out and plant seed in the fall. What is the best way to get rid of the annual bluegrass so it dosen't grow back next year? Can I just till it or do I need to do more than that?
- Hi, I just recently bought a house in Taylorsville in a older neighborhood. I have noticed some clover that is sort of a deep purplish color coming up all through my yard. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
- In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- We created square foot gardens last year and have discovered the cat has used them for a litter box over the winter and spring. There isn't a large amount of feces,which we remove, but we are concerned that it may have contaminated the soil. Should we dig it out and start over?
- We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
- We moved into our 2-story home in Lehi 1 year ago. The tree out front (which I planned to have my husband cut donw) has doubled in height since then. I don't know what kind of tree it is...medium size, darkish leaves. How do we (and when should we) cut it down to prevent it from sending up suckers?
- Chickens in garden before planting? Good idea? And get them on the lawn to eat any weeds?