Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- Last summer I made some strawberry jam which I water canned in pint jars according to the directions in the pectin box. It seemed that all the lids sealed (they all popped). Now, though, the jam doesn't look quite right to me--it's a bit brown, especially toward the top of the jars. I'm a little wary of eating or even trying it. What could have caused this? Should I throw it out?
- Last fall I bought a daffodil mixture. They bloomed great this spring, but in October they have all started to come up. What's going on?
- I've just moved here from Maryland and I'm starting to landscape our yard. I've noticed that none of my neighbors use mulch in their flower beds. Why is that? I thought mulch helped to keep the soil moist as well as keep out the weeds. Plus you can till it back into the soil in the fall for aeration.
- I have just moved into this new house and I have all these raspberry bushes. They have produced a crop of fruit and I went out and picked lots of berries. The berries themselves look very nice but they are a little small. When I brought them in the house I noticed a couple different kind of pests on them. A black little beetle looking bug and a little tiny bug that resembled the hair on the raspberry. I washed them off, cleaned them and ate them. Now I am all panicked that I will get sick. They tasted good but I have myself all freaked out not knowing if all the bugs got off. Will they hurt me? I want to make raspberry jam with all the berries I have. Is that safe?
- Hi, I have a lot of two year hybrid poplars that we've planted for a wind break and the leaves near the trunks are beginning to turn yellow. I've read that this can be because of lack of water or too much water or not enough fertilizer. It's July and we water them every day because of the 90+ temps. Any suggestions?
- Our house is in Murray between the Jordan River and the North Jordan Canal. It faces east, so our backyard in on the west side. We have a steep slope of clay soil. We need some trees which would provide shade and privacy. We have tried river birch, blue spruce and a pine. All have died. We have a deep water system for the trees. The needles on our spruce and pine turned brown and dropped off. What kind of trees could we plant under these circumstances?