Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- We want to grow aspen and scrub oak on our property. Can we transplant, if so how and when? Or do we need to grow from seeds? How often to water if we grow from seeds?
- Our home was built in 1998 and we are the second owners. The first owners landscaped the yard, but didn't consider that the trees, shrubs, etc. would grow. We have trees that were planted too close to the sidewalk and shrubs that were planted too close to the house. They are beautiful, but too close. We also have a large cottonwood tree in the backyard that provides good shade, but its root are now pushing above the ground. I think I know the answer, but is there a good way to redo the landscaping without removing all of the good features at once?
- Hi, I have a lot of two year hybrid poplars that we've planted for a wind break and the leaves near the trunks are beginning to turn yellow. I've read that this can be because of lack of water or too much water or not enough fertilizer. It's July and we water them every day because of the 90+ temps. Any suggestions?
- I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?
- I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- Two years ago I moved into a house that has a large apricot tree in the backyard. Last year was our first apricot harvest. The apricots got large a ripe, and looked great. But when I picked one and tasted it, is was VERY mushy and bland. Upon further investigation, all the fruit was this way. Does this mean that the tree is too old or maybe just a bad tree? I don't want to deal with the hassle of a fruit tree if I can't use the fruit.