Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have small white worms in my turnips and radishes. How do I deal with this problem?
- I have some problems with native Juniper trees dying(25 ft average height). They start turning yellow (chlorosis has been ruled out) then brown on south side first, then slowly spread to north end of plant. I have cut down one and found no signs of insect damage or disease. Only trees located next to a dirt road(South of trees) are currently affected. They started changing in color last summer. The county does spray for russian thistle on road. Yet no other trees seem to be affected. Can you provide other possible reasons or someone that may be able to come and see them (test them)?
- Last summer I made some strawberry jam which I water canned in pint jars according to the directions in the pectin box. It seemed that all the lids sealed (they all popped). Now, though, the jam doesn't look quite right to me--it's a bit brown, especially toward the top of the jars. I'm a little wary of eating or even trying it. What could have caused this? Should I throw it out?
- I would like to plant trees in my park strip, but have a gas line running through the middle. If I hand dig, is it ok to plant trees over the top of the line? What is the depth of gas lines?
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- I have 2 red tipped photinas in my front yard against the house (south facing). They were great for the first 3 years, but now, for the last 2 winters the leaves have dried out and dropped in the spring. I thought it was a lack of water over the winter, so I tried to help out, but that didnt help. Should I prune them back in the fall or is there anything I can do to help them so this doesn't happen next winter?
- A friend has recommended an Epsom salt solution for my garden plants. How are Epsom salts used here? I know they add mag to the soil if it is depleted but I didn't think they were used in alkaline soils... do they have any benefits? Will they help me grow blueberries etc., stuff that needs acidic soil? Research says that Epsom doesn't change the ph much but I know sulfur is good.
- I would like to build some grow boxes for vegetables. Do you have any recommendations what type of wood or other material should be used for a grow box?