Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- I have a Saucer Magnolia Tree. I purchased it about 4 years ago, every year I see no growth. It has bloomed every year. But it just seems like I would see some growth? This year the leaves are yellow. I have a picture. Am I missing something? What can I do?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- I would like to plant a bunch of trees (hundreds) on a piece of dry farm high on a bench in Petersboro. The soil is clayish and watering is limited to hauling only. Can you recommend a tree or two that would be easy to start and would be fairly maintenance free once established. Any thing that will survive.
- I want to plant raspberries in my garden next spring but am confused. Which does better in Cache Valley: summer- or fall-bearing? The USU pub on raspberry production (HG/2004-16) says plant only Haida or Malling Joy, but I haven't found anything about these species on the web. Is this statement still valid? If so, are they fall- or summer-bearing? If not, what is your species suggestion?
- My zucchini plant has white spots in the leaves of the plant. New leaves are green but mature with the white spots. There is no powder residue or other obvious sign of fungus. No other plant in the garden has this appearance. What is the problem?