Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our blue spruce has been around for 30 years. but the new buds have no needles and they are brown. Even up the center of the tree is brown with no needles. My father has put a bed of rocks around it and I am not sure if it is affecting it. We also had two crimson maples and they lost all of their leaves half way through summer. This year there are no leaves at all. Do the trees have disease?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?
- I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- I live out on the western edge of South Jordan. The home I just bought has very sandy/rocky soil. The lawn is an inch to inch and one half depth. I have decided to add at least four inches of topsoil to my back yard this fall and re-seed. The front yard is still worth saving. I have three questions. What is the best Ph level for my soil in this area and what type of seed will work best in high sun location such as the one I live in and last should I consider some type of organic treatment to my front yard to strengthen it and promote growth?