Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am considering a weeping willow for my back yard. I have not heard good things about them being planted in Salt Lake. What is your opinion, and would I be better going with a different species or will a willow be fine?
Rate This FAQ
Good tree selection depends on your soil and site characteristics. Weeping willows like a lot of water, grow fast and die young. The best thing to do for helping you decide what tree to select is using the Utah State University Tree Browser. Click on this link http://www.treebrowser.org . On left hand side you select the characteristics you want, and then it narrows down the list from over 241 tree species to the species that fit your criteria. It has helpful information with fact sheet on each species and photos of the trees with close up of leaves.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- I discovered on my peach tree there is a white larvae that has burrowed into the base of the trunk and a sticky peach colored substance is there. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but I only have about five peaches that made it this year. This is the third year for this tree, and when it was only a year oldit produced 35 peaches. Also, there are these black bugs with red heads on the tree that I have never seen before. HELP! I really want to save this tree!
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?
- What pesticides can I use for alfalfa weevil, and what are the best? Have Furadan and Lorsban been removed for this application