Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?
- It looks like something has bitten off whole leaves and blossoms from my tomato plants. They seem to be cut clean. What could be causing this and how can I fix it?
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- I have an older crab apple tree that is focal point of my small yard. About 3 years ago the leaves became infected with powdery mildew. I have been told to not do anything with this, as it will eventually go away and the tree will fine - but over the years it has gotten much worse each spring. There are only about 60% of the leaves that are starting to look healthy by mid-June. Over all, the leaves are withered and this year we have very few blossoms. Another problem: The tree also has four large limbs that come out of the trunk. I noticed that there seemed to be wood pulp inside a place where a branch was cut off years ago. I scooped out the pulp and found that some bug or other creature has created a cavity that goes 6” into the 10-12” diameter limb and a large man’s fist could easily fit into the hole that has been created. While inspecting the hole I discovered a ¼” or so hole in the very back of the cavity, but no sign of the culprit. The limb seems to be doing fine, as the leaves on the branches from this limb are in no better or worse shape than the rest of the tree. I had my tree pruned by a highly recommended person this spring, in hopes that this would help with my powdery mildew problem. I love my tree, what should I do next about my perpetual powdery mildew problem and the unknown culprit who is dinning on my tree limb?
- I have recently had topsoil brought in to grow a garden and my vegetable plants are wilting as if something in the soil is affecting them how do I get my soil tested to correct this?
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- I am preparing to sod my front yard in the next couple of weeks. I am looking for a grass that is hardy, drought and weed resistant. I also have a dog that can be somewhat hard on grass. I looked into Zoysia grass, but determined it wasn't a really great grass for this climate. What would you suggest, and where might I find it in Northern Utah?