Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have two maple trees in my parking strip. I believe they are the Autumn Blaze variety. They have a light green to yellow small leaf. The leaves are starting to die as if it needs water. They are spotted and turning brown and brittle. The branches are still green when I scrape the them. I do not think it is under heat stress since June has been mostly wet. We spoke with someone who lives about a mile from us who had the same problem last year and now the top of his tree is dead. We did see two other trees in his neighborhood with the same problem. It looks as though next year we may have the same dead trees if we do not do something to prevent them from dying. Can you tell me what is wrong and what I can do to save the trees?
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- I have a vine growing on my fence that has sparse dark blue berries and thick red stems. What plant is this? Image showing this plant can be seen at http://themodbod.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ivy-to-use.jpg
- When do you advise setting the sprinklers to run? Is early morning the best time for both lawn and (drip) garden?
- About the end of July, some of my Hostas start turning yellow and eventually almost white. These get more sun that the rest. Is that the problem or do they need more fertilizer at some point.
- My backyard has far too much grass. I'd like to turn a fairly large portion of the lawn into waterwise beds and also expand my backyard vegetable garden. Two years ago, I made some beds by removing the turf. However, it is not only very hard work but it also results in a large amount of excess sod, and takes a good amount of topsoil with it. It also seems wasteful to send it to a landfill. Is there a way to kill the grass without herbicides? For example, will covering it with black plastic be an effective way to kill the grass? If so, how long will it be before I can plant in the new beds?
- We want to grow aspen and scrub oak on our property. Can we transplant, if so how and when? Or do we need to grow from seeds? How often to water if we grow from seeds?
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?