Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What insects attack strawberries and what is the recommended control?
Rate This FAQ
See this publication for help on insect issues.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My daughter found a strange insect outside today. It 1 1/2 inches long and has the coloring of a wasp. The back part of the body looks like a very large wasp, but the front part and front legs look more like a praying mantis. Just wondering if you could tell us what kind of insect this could be. It was definitely interesting looking!
- What should you use to kill Box Elder bugs?
- I have millions of tiny black jumping bugs in my garage. They go in and out of the cracks in the floors, all over the concrete, walls, etc. I see very few in the day time; However at night millions everywhere. I have tried every spay I know of but nothing seems to kill them. Please Help.
- Every spring I get larger black ants coming into my house mostly in the kitchen. I also see them outside the house and climbing around the base structure. I have determined that they are not termites. I tried using a bate last year but unlike all of the smaller colonies of ants that I gave the bate to (which I haven't seen in the house only in the driveway and sidewalks) which immediately started loading it up to take back to the nest, these ants weren't interested. Is there a reason? What kind of ant might they be and therefore what kind of bate do I need to use?
- I had some trouble with Squash Bugs attacking my Spagetti Squash. Now my plants looks as if it may have Cucurbit Yellow Vine Disease (CYVD). Should I try to deteremine if its really CYVD and if it is, what do I need to do?
- We planted linden trees this year and wrapped the trunks with white corrugated tubing to prevent sun scald in the winter. In looking at leaf damage on the outside border of the leaves, I noted that there were literally hundreds of small gray/black flying insects clustered under the tree wrap. What might they be and are they responsible for the chewed leaves? What treatment is needed?
- I live at the edge of a neighborhood bordering the mountains in North Ogden. The last week we have seen hundreds and hundreds of little beetle-like bugs that have six legs, two antennas and a green/black body with a bright orange border. It appears the adult version of the beetle is about 1/4 inch long and fairly round. I'm wondering what this bug is and what damage it can/will do. I have close-up photos that I'd be more than happy to provide. Can you please help me identify this pest?
- I have large burrowing bees or wasps that live in my sandbox. They do not sting but are very annoying. What is the best way to get rid of them?