Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What insects attack strawberries and what is the recommended control?
Rate This FAQ
See this publication for help on insect issues.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you know of any pest control companies that have an effective treatment for controlling box elder bugs in the fall before they get in the house?
- I have an infestation of giant willow aphids. How do I get rid of them? What damage will they do?
- I had a small fly with speckled wings basically destroy my peaches this year, about the size of a small "housefly". They lay eggs through the skin that go to the pit and then if left hatch into small worm type larvae. They got into every peach, but did not start getting there until the peaches were starting to ripen. It at first looks like a small round spot, but with time rots the fruit and turns it brown. What are they and how do you get rid of them?
- I recently moved into a house. I noticed what I thought were little black ants didn't bother me I've delt with little black ants before. then I noticed that these little ants didn't have legs that stick out. then I noticed that they weren't ants. once in awhile I would see them when I swept the floor and occationaly I would see one or a few climbing up my wall. but now the really sad thing is they are all over in my Flour, My bags of rice and now i will have to throw it all out. What kind of a bug is it? it is about 1/4 inch long, very thin, and very black. Help me. And what do I need to do to get rid of it?
- We have ants inside and outside of our house. Twice a year, we have flying ants in the basement of our house. In our garden and strawberry patch, we have big aggresive ants that make it difficult to enjoy our strawberries. What is the best way to get rid of the ants in these places? Is is ok to poison them around the strawberries? What about in the house?
- Pole bean plants are getting eaten by something, little bites all over. Now leaves are turning yellow and drying up. What do you think the problem is. They get plenty of water.
- I live at the edge of a neighborhood bordering the mountains in North Ogden. The last week we have seen hundreds and hundreds of little beetle-like bugs that have six legs, two antennas and a green/black body with a bright orange border. It appears the adult version of the beetle is about 1/4 inch long and fairly round. I'm wondering what this bug is and what damage it can/will do. I have close-up photos that I'd be more than happy to provide. Can you please help me identify this pest?
- I've lived in Spanish Fork all my life and have never seen a beetle like this before...and they're suddenly all over our yard! The adults are about 1/3" long. They are either yellow-green or blue-green on their backs, with a small band of light tan (almost white) all the way around the outside edge. They don't fly. We find them usually running across the driveway and I've found a few in the flower gardens as I'm weeding.