Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
Rate This FAQ
Usually you will want to prune fruit trees during the late dormant season (March –April). USU Extension usually offers free pruning demonstrations at that time. Check with your local Extension Office for details. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What kind of Strawberry plant do you recommend? I remember Crocket's Victory Garden recommending an ever bearing one for the New England area.
- I would like to find out where I can obtain a list of the daily rainfall/precip totals for the Logan area.
- How can I control earwigs in my home and garden?
- I planted my vines mid may before the endless rains. Now many leaves are turning black in spots. Will this correct itself as things dry out and warm up?
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- Our golden delicious apple tree drops fruit through the entire season. What are we doing wrong? It is located in our garden area and gets plenty of water. Thank you for your help.
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- I have a small backyard that has a house on the west and north side, a cinder block wall on the east side and a large tree shading a portion on the south side. Due to the high sides of our yard, we tried some part shade/part sun plants last year. But they got blasted in the heat. Our yard doesn't get 10 hours of sunlight but it gets very hot. Can I sucessfully grow a vegetable garden in part of it up against the houses and plant something along the cinder block wall - preferably grapes or raspberries, or other covering plants (can be non-fruit). Can you recommend a plant we can grow along the wall, both in the shaded and sunny parts? Any recomendations for better use of the space?