Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
Rate This FAQ
Usually you will want to prune fruit trees during the late dormant season (March –April). USU Extension usually offers free pruning demonstrations at that time. Check with your local Extension Office for details. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- In the vegetable fact sheets it make watering suggestions such as "water 1-2" per week" how much water is 1-2" per week? Also, Can I use blood meal for nitrogen to side dress tender plants?
- Last summer I made some strawberry jam which I water canned in pint jars according to the directions in the pectin box. It seemed that all the lids sealed (they all popped). Now, though, the jam doesn't look quite right to me--it's a bit brown, especially toward the top of the jars. I'm a little wary of eating or even trying it. What could have caused this? Should I throw it out?
- Whenever I go into the supermarket in the summer time I see people picking out watermelons and talking about bee stings as indicators of a good melon, but I thought bees only sting when threatened and that the sting contains a venom. Is there any correlation between the marks on watermelon and bees? Adam
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- I have an 11 year old sugar maple. For the past few years the leaves have been getting more and more yellow. I bought an iron product, read the directions, and sprinkled it around the base. Instead of turning green the leaves are still yellow and small brown spots all over them. Help!
- I have some cucumbers I bought from the nursery in a small container about 3 weeks ago. I transplanted them to a larger container. I move them in the garage at night and back out to the driveway during the day. The leaves and stems are turning light green and have dry white places on them. Are they getting sun scalded, am I watering them too much, not enough fertilizer?
- My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?
- I have a Bartlett pear tree that has black spots on the leaves and holes chewed on some leaves and a few curled up leaves. Could you tell me what to spray for these problems?