Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
Rate This FAQ
Usually you will want to prune fruit trees during the late dormant season (March –April). USU Extension usually offers free pruning demonstrations at that time. Check with your local Extension Office for details. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- I live in Salt Lake City Utah. Is late October too late in the year to hydroseed?
- We have a red Haven peach dwarf peach tree. It is really not growing as tall as advertised. If that is the case and we plant a standard size can we count on it not getting as tall as advertised? What are the best peach trees for Utah. I know our zone Starks have a few trees that are very hardy but they really don't brag about the taste and quality of the peach. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
- Last year when I was about to harvest my corn from my yard I found that something got to about half of it before I did. I don't think it was insect because of the nature of the damage; I suspect birds. On the ears in question the husks were literally shredded and each kernel picked out. I know there are blue jays nesting in the area but this was the first time any thing like that happened. I don't think it was a mammal since the stalks were intact and not collapsed from the weight of what got at the ears that were devoured. Do you what causd this to happen? Is there something I can do to prevent that from happening this year? Thanks
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?
- I have a sister that lives in South Jordan. She and her neighbor planted their gardens at the same time with the same type of soil. Her neighbors vegetables are thriving and my sisters are on the verge of death. What should she do and where can she have her soil tested?