Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Two Questions: 1. When do Gooseberries flower? 2. When is the best time to plant tulips?
Rate This FAQ
There are American and European type gooseberries and have different bloom times. I'll refer you to Oregon State Extension article on currants and gooseberries that have more specific information. Click on http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/html/ec/ec1361/
Tulips are best planted six to eight weeks before first fall frost which is around Halloween, so early to mid September.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- In the past you've offered a lawn-problem analysis --- as I recall a sample was brought in to your office and a quick analysis was done --- is the program still active? What is the schedule?
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- I have space for 2 fruit trees in my yard. I would like to plant an apple (red delicious) and a peach (red Haven). Are these the best varieties for my area, and how about cross pollination. My neighbor across the fence has a peach tree and I have a crab apple near by.
- I had three Canadian Red Chokecherry (prunus virginiana L.) planted Oct 2007; 1 1/2" caliper, 13' tall. This spring, the leaves were a solid green; now they they are turning a purplish red. Is this normal?
- There is a pecan tree where I work that is dropping leaves like crazy. Can I add the leaves to my vegetable garden and let it compost over the winter? Is there any toxicity in pecan leaves?
- How can I tell if the spider I found is a hobo spider?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?