Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My husband mistakenly put fertilizer with a broad leaf killer in it on our garden. Is there anything we can do to grow things this year? Everything has died sadly.
Rate This FAQ
You did not name the active ingredient of the leaf killer, so the residual time in the soil is dependent on what is the herbicide, since there are several different chemicals used for broad leaf herbicides. Many reside in the soil for up to 3 months, and there is not an environmentally safe way other than soil removal and replacement in the near future if you want to grow something in your garden, other than monocots (those plants that are not broad leaves) so plants that are in the grass family, cereal grains, lily family, etc that are not affected - but not sure since you need to read the active ingredient off the package to see what plants it affects.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our neighbors have recently cut down a Globe Willow and A Lombardy Poplar. They did not remove the trunks and the roots are not popping up in our lawn. Is there anyway for us to stop this from happening? These people are not the fastest movers and I have a feeling that the trunks will never be fully removed. These roots have already started to push up our concrete and have left runners down our lawn.
- Do you have any suggestions as to where to buy or how to make a truly sturdy tomato cage? The "standard" metal ones I have bought at garden centers have always tipped over when the plant has gotten big.
- I am trying to grow an indoor herb garden. My dill and cilantro are failing miserably! I think I am also harvesting them when they are too young. Help! They are frail and stringy.
- I just ordered some blueberry bushes and wondered where I need to plant them in my garden.
- Please Help, my blue lake pole beans are not producing like they should, the blossoms are not sticking and those that do have matured into flat stringing beans or Big hard ones with white fuzz around the middle of the seed inside please help me I need my beans.
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- When and how do I harvest my butternut and buttercup squash?
- I planted some fruit trees fall 2009 and am noticing tons of fruit on them already in this first year. I've heard I should pick them all and wait until the second year to let them mature. Is this right?