Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What materials should I use to raise depressions in my lawn around retaining walls and sidewalks?
Rate This FAQ
If you are trying to level out lumps in preexisting lawn, the only way is to cut out the depression, fill in with topsoil mixed with compost, replace sod, and water in well. Very difficult to put anything on top of lawn, expecting to raise the level.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the cost for a soil test?
- We tilled our garden and planted peas and lettuce about three weeks ago. Nothing has come up yet. We were talking to our neighbor yesterday, and he told us that about 30-40 years ago, in a fit of vexation, the former owner spread an industrial strength soil sterilizing chemical on the area in which we planted our garden. He further explained that weeds have only started to grow in that area in the past 5-10 years. This information has caused my wife to give up on trying to cultivate this area. Should we give up? What can we do to amend the soil in this area?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- I just recently moved into a home that has these terrible "soda straw" type weeds that I can't get rid of. They pop apart and look like tall drinking straws. I have sprayed them with multiple rounds of poison (extra strength!) and dug them out by hand 2 or three times. They are coming back stronger than ever. What should I do?
- I would like to plant a bunch of trees (hundreds) on a piece of dry farm high on a bench in Petersboro. The soil is clayish and watering is limited to hauling only. Can you recommend a tree or two that would be easy to start and would be fairly maintenance free once established. Any thing that will survive.
- My new austrian pines planted in the fall are looking pale in color and a lot of needles have fallen off. Also, my older austrian pines are looking the same way. What do they need? The soil has a lot of clay and is quite alkaline. My new spruce in the same area is doing great. What do the pines need?
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- I have mexican fruit flies that lay eggs and hatch larve in my apples and cherries. They are larger than reqular fruit flies and have black and white striped wings. When should I spray? What should I spray with?