Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When do spray for the cotteling moths, Apple worms?
Rate This FAQ
This is a common question and an answer is already in the USU FAQs. Click on the following link http://utahpests.usu.edu/insects/htm/faq/faq_q=253
As for timing, the monitoring traps are around the different counties, and each county has different degree days and temperatures when codling moth emerges.
Go to the Tree Fruit IPM Advisory at http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/advisories/treefruit. According to the most recent advisory dated April 28, 2009 - no codling moth has been found yet in Salt Lake County.
The Tree Fruit advisories recommend based on traps when to spray. You can subscribe via email to get this information http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/subscriptions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have these little tiny beetle bugs. I suspect they are the mexican jumping bug thing. They are all over my tomatos, they eat the leaves until I wonder if the tomatoes will survive. What can I do to get rid of them? P.S. They eat my potato plants too.
- We have flying insects black and red. long tail laying eggs in juniper trees. What are they?
- I am interested in beekeeping, and am currently reading several books on the subject. All of the books have said, "contact your local extension office to find out about apiary organizations and to register your hives." I've looked all over your site and can't find anything on this subject for Washington County. Where can I find information on apiary organizations in this area?
- I have a big problem with a little pest in my house. I would call them fruit flies, but they don't hang around fruit. They mostly bug me as I sit here at this computer, and often times in the bathroom by the mirror. How can I get rid of these tiny flies?
- We have flying, black bugs with orange/red spots by the eyes. They are all over our year old peach trees. Do you have any idea what they could be and how we can get rid of them?
- Every spring I get larger black ants coming into my house mostly in the kitchen. I also see them outside the house and climbing around the base structure. I have determined that they are not termites. I tried using a bate last year but unlike all of the smaller colonies of ants that I gave the bate to (which I haven't seen in the house only in the driveway and sidewalks) which immediately started loading it up to take back to the nest, these ants weren't interested. Is there a reason? What kind of ant might they be and therefore what kind of bate do I need to use?
- I have black beetles about an inch long in my home. They do not like the light, and look similar to a blister beetle, but the head is more compact to the body. I only see one or two at a time, but for every one I kill, one more shows up. What are they, and how do I get rid of them?
- I have little black beetles in my home do you know what they are and how to get rid of them?