Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
Rate This FAQ
Euonymus Scale is a common pest, and if you plant it again, you are likely to be revisited by that same pest. It is recommended to try different plant that is not related to euonymus. This is a fun interactive shrub selector from University of Illinois Extension that you can select shrubs and there are pictures of the shrubs along with facts pests, growth requirements, etc. Go to http://urbanext.illinois.edu/ShrubSelector/
Many of our ornamental cultivated plants we use in the landscape are common and easily available, and although this is Illinois website, many of the shrubs would work here in Utah.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a Blierana flowering plum tree that failed to leaf out fully this spring. I looked at it yesterday and found at least fifty places on the branches where a snake-like resin/sap has been pushed out of the branch. Is this a borer doing damage? What do I do? Should I remove the tree to prevent further damage to surrounding trees? Is there something I can spray? Can I ever plant a tree in this same spot? I have trees all along my fence line in a row and really need a replacement tree if this one is going to die.
- I have varmits that are ruining my lawn during the winter (under snow). They make trails and destroy the lawn about 4 inches wide. I can find no holes only the trails and dead grass flipped to the side of the trails. Any ideas? We are going crazy trying to figure this out. We have never had this problem until last year.
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- I think I have Johnsongrass invading my back lawn. I has sprayed the usual Crabgrass/lawn grassy weed killer on it and it is still taking over my entire lawn. What can I do?
- What trees, perrenials, shrubs etc... grow best in Utah (landscaping yard)?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?