Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
Rate This FAQ
Euonymus Scale is a common pest, and if you plant it again, you are likely to be revisited by that same pest. It is recommended to try different plant that is not related to euonymus. This is a fun interactive shrub selector from University of Illinois Extension that you can select shrubs and there are pictures of the shrubs along with facts pests, growth requirements, etc. Go to http://urbanext.illinois.edu/ShrubSelector/
Many of our ornamental cultivated plants we use in the landscape are common and easily available, and although this is Illinois website, many of the shrubs would work here in Utah.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My newly sprouted green bean plants are getting small to medium holes in the leaves. Could this be from pests or the heavy rain in East Millcreek?
- In the vegetable fact sheets it make watering suggestions such as "water 1-2" per week" how much water is 1-2" per week? Also, Can I use blood meal for nitrogen to side dress tender plants?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- We planted apple trees last year. When do we spray for cottling moths?
- Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
- I have several burning bushes and every year they start out great in the spring but later spring the leaves turn yellow, I have been adding iron to the soil around them and it seems to help a bit but it still happens every year. Could it be something else?
- My purple crown locust has never bloomed in the 5 years that I've had it and the past two years in the summer whole branches of leaves are dying off. Should I remove it and start over?
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?