Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
Rate This FAQ
Euonymus Scale is a common pest, and if you plant it again, you are likely to be revisited by that same pest. It is recommended to try different plant that is not related to euonymus. This is a fun interactive shrub selector from University of Illinois Extension that you can select shrubs and there are pictures of the shrubs along with facts pests, growth requirements, etc. Go to http://urbanext.illinois.edu/ShrubSelector/
Many of our ornamental cultivated plants we use in the landscape are common and easily available, and although this is Illinois website, many of the shrubs would work here in Utah.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an 8 year old Norway Spruce. It has a section at the base where the needle grow is restricted and the stems look whitish. The rest of the tree has green plush growth and it is about 12 ft high now. It had this problem when I brought it home from the nursery but I thought it would snap out of it. What is this and is there anything I can do?
- I planted a Chanticleer pear tree about two weeks ago (mid June) in Perry. I watered it everyday for about 5-6 days and have since cut back to 1-2 times per week. Many of the leaves are very dry and crumble when squeezed. Have I been over watering or under watering my tree? How often should I water it or is it already too late for my tree?
- My neighbors Aspen trees are sending roots into my yard. Is there anyway besides a barrier to discourage this growth?
- Can I grow bitter melon, gourds, thai chili peppers, hmong cucumbers, peas, green peas, sugar snap peas, and lemon grass in Clinton? When should I plant them?
- My neighbors have horses, and I need to create a wind break of sorts to control dust from their pasture. Please advise regarding trees shrubs I can plant close to fenceline for windbreak that the horses won't eat.
- When do I spray my cherry tree to prevent worms?
- When is the best time to spray a cherry tree for worms?
- I have thornless red raspberries that have been planted for three years. (I don't know the name of the variety.) The berries are very small - too small. Suggestions?