Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We live in a suburb near the mountains and have a lot of deer wandering through our neighborhood eating our flowers and vegetable gardens. They are not afraid of people and walk through our backyard any time of day. What can we spray on the garden plants to stop them from eating them?
Rate This FAQ
This is common question and I'll refer you to a USU news article regarding deer and plants. Click on http://extension.usu.edu/htm/news/articleID=3852. There is not a spray effective to deter deer from eating them. The best defense is to plant your landscape with plants deer do not like to eat. There also is a good article from Utah Division of Wildlife Resources on deterring deer. Click on http://wildlife.utah.gov/habitat/deer-browse.php. In that article a list of ornamental plants highly preferred by deer is included, so I would suggest, not planting those on the list, or substituting them with plants seldom preferred by deer also in the above article.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My Grandmother has several apple tree saplings that she has grown from seeds. She has offered one of the saplings to us. We want to know what time of year is the best for transplanting? Should we dig it out this fall and keep it in the garage until spring? Or could we transplant at the end of September? Is there a transplanting guide? Thank You For Your Time!
- Looks like my potted tomato plants have Fusarium Wilt and will soon die. 1)Any thing I can do to save the plants and soil? 2)Can I eat the tomatos?
- I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
- I have a Saucer Magnolia Tree. I purchased it about 4 years ago, every year I see no growth. It has bloomed every year. But it just seems like I would see some growth? This year the leaves are yellow. I have a picture. Am I missing something? What can I do?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- I just moved to South Jordan and I have clumps of grass pok-a-dotting my lawn. Some say it is crab and others say Johnson. The clumps are hard and raised.
- I planted some fruit trees fall 2009 and am noticing tons of fruit on them already in this first year. I've heard I should pick them all and wait until the second year to let them mature. Is this right?
- The leaves on my strawberry plants have turned a very pale green or yellow with some brown on the edges what do they need?