Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
Rate This FAQ
Topping is usually a term used when a person prunes off the top of the tree and injures the tree shape and structure. I am not sure what you are describing here. Is this a worm that has eaten all the leaves off?
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?
- Can an olive tree survive in Utah?
- I have been told by a tree care company that my ash trees are infected with bores. They can be treated, and the trees should survive. Though my internet research I found ample information on emerald ash bore, however, that the research was largely on trees in Michigan. Would I have emerald ash bores, or do another type of bore exist in Utah? The tree care company suggested treatment in the spring, and another in the summer. Does that sound appropriate?
- I just bought a house and the yard is a mess. We have multiple varieties of grasses and weeds, dry spots, dead spots and rodent damage. I am a staunch do-it-yourselfer but the number of different problems to attack is overwhelming. Where is the best place to get educated or to get started? If I take a bunch of digital pictures of the various problems and plant types is there someplace I can take them to get good advice? Tru Green also came by and said we have grubs, but all they did was LOOK at the grass. I can pull up the dirt myself, but I don't know what to look for.
- The leaves on my grape plants have turned yellow. The veins are still green but the rest of the leaf is yellow. I added some iron about a week ago and have not noticed any change as yet. Is there something else I need to do?
- I planted my tomatos around the middle of May and now they are big and great looking except not one of the 12 plants has a blossom on it. Am I not patient enough or what can I do about this?
- I am about to remove a hedge of box leaf euonymous because they were affected by scale that I was not able to control. Is it possible to plant the same species in this spot again?
- I have a small strip (about 1-1 1/2 feet) in front of my brick house that needs to be separated from my front lawn. I would like to put bricks or something to keep the grass from coming through. What would you suggest to use to separate the two areas? What would you suggest to plant?