Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
Rate This FAQ
Topping is usually a term used when a person prunes off the top of the tree and injures the tree shape and structure. I am not sure what you are describing here. Is this a worm that has eaten all the leaves off?
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
- Last fall we removed all of our oregon grape that has been growing for over 20 years to re-landscape a flower bed in our front yard. We put mulch on the bare ground to sit over the winter in hopes to start planting this spring. Now we have several mushroom 'colonies', is what I call it, breaking through the soil, but they are only coming through on half of the 5' x 12' area. I have pulled out the 'first round' of mushrooms, and now twice as mony are coming back, in the same area. How can I get rid of these mushrooms so that we can plant our new daylillies and spirea? I might also add that this area has not received alot of water, although it is next to our driveway where we shovel the snow.
- Our house is in Murray between the Jordan River and the North Jordan Canal. It faces east, so our backyard in on the west side. We have a steep slope of clay soil. We need some trees which would provide shade and privacy. We have tried river birch, blue spruce and a pine. All have died. We have a deep water system for the trees. The needles on our spruce and pine turned brown and dropped off. What kind of trees could we plant under these circumstances?
- I just bought some property with what I think is a Bartlett pear tree. The tree seems to be in good condition but the fruit skin develops a coarse brown covering. What causes this?
- I have a peach tree that has yellow leaves. Some are dark green but most are yellow.The fruit is small. I live in Ceder Valley I have kept an eye out for bugs and water deep evey other week. could it be iron?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?
- We have a weed in our hay field that is choking out the field in quite a large area. The weed has a hard stem with heart shaped leaves about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size around the stem leading to seed pods that look like flowers that are hard and have a seed in them. The seed is red and the husk around them is green when the seed leaves the husk is white, stem is hard green and stick like.
- We don't have morning glory in our lawn, but it is taking over our strawberries. Is there anything we can do? If we decide we'd rather get rid of the morning glory instead of saving the strawberries, will roundup get rid of it?