Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
Rate This FAQ
Topping is usually a term used when a person prunes off the top of the tree and injures the tree shape and structure. I am not sure what you are describing here. Is this a worm that has eaten all the leaves off?
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I planted four Patmore Green Ash trees in my yard and they all have circular hole bite marks on all the leaves. I cannot see any insects on them. Do you have any idea what might be eating the leaves and how I can get rid of them?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- I would like to plant a bunch of trees (hundreds) on a piece of dry farm high on a bench in Petersboro. The soil is clayish and watering is limited to hauling only. Can you recommend a tree or two that would be easy to start and would be fairly maintenance free once established. Any thing that will survive.
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- My green peppers have black at the stems of almost every branch. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- My mugo pine is turning an orange color and the needles are dropping. What caused this and can it be saved?
- I have many Chanticleer pear's in my yard. Each year they swarm with Wasps during the day. There are not any nests in them. Is there anything I can do or spray to remove them? They have been swarming many of my Quakies as well. I have read online that it could be from aphids on the trees and the Wasps go after the sugary substance the aphids leave behind. I have noticed on my Quakies that there are small holes on some leaves which might mean aphids, but on the Chanticleer's there are not any holes on the leaves so I don't think aphids would be on those. Please help the wasps are out of control on these trees.
- We planted apple trees last year. When do we spray for cottling moths?