Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
Rate This FAQ
Topping is usually a term used when a person prunes off the top of the tree and injures the tree shape and structure. I am not sure what you are describing here. Is this a worm that has eaten all the leaves off?
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our new home came with some juvenile trees and sapplings planted very closely together in one corner of the yard. Who can identify these trees for us, so we know which ones (if any) to remove/relocate?
- I recently purchased a home in Sandy and there are chinese elms everywhere. Some of them are growing around gas and water lines. How do I get rid of them? Can I cut them down and poisen the root system? I also have a backyard that is completely overgrown with what I think is an annual bluegrass. I just want to rip all that out and plant seed in the fall. What is the best way to get rid of the annual bluegrass so it dosen't grow back next year? Can I just till it or do I need to do more than that?
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- Can I legally drill a small water well (or two) under 30 feet deep in my back yard without a permit?
- I have been told by a tree care company that my ash trees are infected with bores. They can be treated, and the trees should survive. Though my internet research I found ample information on emerald ash bore, however, that the research was largely on trees in Michigan. Would I have emerald ash bores, or do another type of bore exist in Utah? The tree care company suggested treatment in the spring, and another in the summer. Does that sound appropriate?
- My bush beans have holes in some of the leaves. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?
- What type of grass would hold up to high traffic in a yard facing south (no shade)? We are needing to re-seed or buy sod.
- We recently bought a home in Salt Lake city. The parking strip has very hard soil and weeds mixed with grass. Should we till it under and start over or air-rate it, keep it watered and sprinkle some grass seed on it in the fall or spring? We planted a sycomore tree (Bloodgood London Plane) and I think we stressed it by overwatering. About 50% of the leaves look sun scorched, some very dry and other leaves are green, full and lush, will it snap out of it? Should I air-rate the ground with a pitch fork around it?