Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
Rate This FAQ
Topping is usually a term used when a person prunes off the top of the tree and injures the tree shape and structure. I am not sure what you are describing here. Is this a worm that has eaten all the leaves off?
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- We currently have an elm tree in our front yard. It has been diagnosed with slime flux. We would like to plant another tree next to it,seeing as they said the stump was so big that they would just leave it. Will this cause a problem for any other trees? We want another large shade tree. Will it get the slime flux too if we plant it near it?
- I live out on the western edge of South Jordan. The home I just bought has very sandy/rocky soil. The lawn is an inch to inch and one half depth. I have decided to add at least four inches of topsoil to my back yard this fall and re-seed. The front yard is still worth saving. I have three questions. What is the best Ph level for my soil in this area and what type of seed will work best in high sun location such as the one I live in and last should I consider some type of organic treatment to my front yard to strengthen it and promote growth?
- The leaves on our maple tree get little spikes on the top of it and then dry up and fall off. Can you tell me the problem and how we may solve it?
- I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- I have a large weeping willow tree in my backyard that has started dripping sap as well as loosing leaves. It appears that some of the larger branches are dying as well. Is there anything I could do to bring the tree back to life?
- Is there another alternative to getting rid of ferry ring in a lawn than by removing the soil?