Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
Rate This FAQ
Topping is usually a term used when a person prunes off the top of the tree and injures the tree shape and structure. I am not sure what you are describing here. Is this a worm that has eaten all the leaves off?
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to put a barrier inbetween my lawn and my side yard where we have quakies to keep the suckers from coming up. What can I use and how deep do I put it into the ground? Also, they are next to my neighbors driveway, how far do the roots travel and should I barrier that side as well?
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- My new lawn I had hydroseeded last year went to seed this year and and is still looking poorly is there anything I can do to bring it back to looking good again?
- My purple crown locust has never bloomed in the 5 years that I've had it and the past two years in the summer whole branches of leaves are dying off. Should I remove it and start over?
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- I have an apricot tree in my backyard that is loaded with apricots. We have not sprayed the tree with anything, but I would like to use what I can of the fruit that is not 'buggy'. The apricots have red/brown spots on the skin, my research tells me it might be a fungus. Would the fruit be safe to eat if it was cooked and then canned? Also, I would like to transplant some of my fathers raspberry bushes, when is the best time to do that?
- I want to limit growth of newly planted fruit trees and wonder if it would be possible to do that by making a large wooden box and planting each one in a box in the ground? Also if it would work to do that, do I need redwood? I have a stack of 4 x 12 x 16 douglas fir lumber which had been painted on one side and I wondered if I could use them to do this or will they create bug problems?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?