Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
Rate This FAQ
First thing to do is to know what your soil characteristics are. A good thing to do is to get a soil sample analysis by submitting soil sample to USUAL - Utah State University Analytical Laboratories. http://www.usual.usu.edu/forms/soilform.pdf and FAQs are http://www.usual.usu.edu/about/faq/index.html
As for vegetables go to our Utah State University Extension Salt Lake County website by clicking on this link http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture/fruit-and-vegetables and scroll down and fact sheets of vegetables can be found by clicking on the vegetable or fruit you are interested in.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Our neighbors have recently cut down a Globe Willow and A Lombardy Poplar. They did not remove the trunks and the roots are not popping up in our lawn. Is there anyway for us to stop this from happening? These people are not the fastest movers and I have a feeling that the trunks will never be fully removed. These roots have already started to push up our concrete and have left runners down our lawn.
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
- We want to plant a couple of trees in our front yard that don't get very big (about 10 to 15 feet high). Can you suggest any are not messy and don't send up runners? If you have literature on selecting trees, could you send me a link?
- I would like to have a live, potted evergreen as my Christmas tree, and then plant it in my yard. Must the decorated tree remain outside? What species of tree would you recommend?
- I live in Sanpete county. The winters are very cold and I frequently have winter kill of my roses, and perennials, especially on the South side of the house. Could you give me a basic "Yard & Home Winterization" list of things to do to prevent this and other winter issues?
- We are putting in sod in our front yard - not a lot of traffic. Would like you opinion on if we should put in Kentucky Blue Grass or a biograss?
- What can I put in my soil to loosen it up so it does not turn into clumps of heavy mud when wet?
- How can I control earwigs in my home and garden?