Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
Rate This FAQ
First thing to do is to know what your soil characteristics are. A good thing to do is to get a soil sample analysis by submitting soil sample to USUAL - Utah State University Analytical Laboratories. http://www.usual.usu.edu/forms/soilform.pdf and FAQs are http://www.usual.usu.edu/about/faq/index.html
As for vegetables go to our Utah State University Extension Salt Lake County website by clicking on this link http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture/fruit-and-vegetables and scroll down and fact sheets of vegetables can be found by clicking on the vegetable or fruit you are interested in.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?
- I want to limit growth of newly planted fruit trees and wonder if it would be possible to do that by making a large wooden box and planting each one in a box in the ground? Also if it would work to do that, do I need redwood? I have a stack of 4 x 12 x 16 douglas fir lumber which had been painted on one side and I wondered if I could use them to do this or will they create bug problems?
- I would like to have a live, potted evergreen as my Christmas tree, and then plant it in my yard. Must the decorated tree remain outside? What species of tree would you recommend?
- How can you tell if a fertilizer is a "slow-release"? What are the best NPK ratios for this area?
- Can you tell me how to get rid of the Star of Israel that is in your lawn?
- I have a huge weeping willow in my front yard. My next door neighbor swears the root system has invaded her septic line. She had a globe will previously taken out that was about 10 feet from her main water line while my weeper is about 30. My own line is about 15 feet from the weeper. Is there any validation to her statement?
- I have a peach tree with lots of little branches that look burnt at the ends. The rest of the tree looks healthy, but the ends of the branches keep turning black and dying.
- When is the next date for spraying apple trees for codling moth?