Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
Rate This FAQ
First thing to do is to know what your soil characteristics are. A good thing to do is to get a soil sample analysis by submitting soil sample to USUAL - Utah State University Analytical Laboratories. http://www.usual.usu.edu/forms/soilform.pdf and FAQs are http://www.usual.usu.edu/about/faq/index.html
As for vegetables go to our Utah State University Extension Salt Lake County website by clicking on this link http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture/fruit-and-vegetables and scroll down and fact sheets of vegetables can be found by clicking on the vegetable or fruit you are interested in.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have grubs in my yard. Any suggestions?
- Can I use smoke bombs to kill gophers in my yard if I have a garden? Will the chemicals affect the vegetables I plant?
- I want to plant a lilac hedge. I've never done lilacs before - how far apart should I plant them? Can I do a double row for a thicker hedge? If so, how far apart should the rows be? How fast do they grow? Do they need special care (they will be pretty close to a fairly busy road)? Can I plant them now, or should I wait until it's a little warmer? What are their fertilizer and water requirements? Will they be useful as a bit of a wind- and soundbreak? Thank you.
- Hi, I have a lot of two year hybrid poplars that we've planted for a wind break and the leaves near the trunks are beginning to turn yellow. I've read that this can be because of lack of water or too much water or not enough fertilizer. It's July and we water them every day because of the 90+ temps. Any suggestions?
- I live in East Murray, West Holaday, Salt Lake County. We have a large pine tree and want to plant some flowers under/near it. The plants would be along a fence that runs to the east of the tree. Some, very little west sun in the evening. Any suggestions? I would love some long lasting flowers.
- I am looking for a shrub or tree that can line my driveway but, the problem is that it is facing the south and gets little to none water. Can you suggest some drought resistant plants that will work for that particular area?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- I live in Mapleton. I have been reading about the James Pecan Tree, which is supposed to mature by September 1st and be okay in zone 5. What do you think about my trying to grow it here? How do they do?