Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Please send me a list of what is recommended for gardening vegetables as far as the soil is concerned.
Rate This FAQ
First thing to do is to know what your soil characteristics are. A good thing to do is to get a soil sample analysis by submitting soil sample to USUAL - Utah State University Analytical Laboratories. http://www.usual.usu.edu/forms/soilform.pdf and FAQs are http://www.usual.usu.edu/about/faq/index.html
As for vegetables go to our Utah State University Extension Salt Lake County website by clicking on this link http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture/fruit-and-vegetables and scroll down and fact sheets of vegetables can be found by clicking on the vegetable or fruit you are interested in.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- I have a relatively young peach tree which just split down the middle today, I'm assuming due to the weight of the peaches. I have cut off some of the branches and removed some peaches to help lighten the load. I called a nursery and they said in addition to doing that I should bring the branches back together and secure them together in attempt to save the remaining peaches. Then this fall I need to completely remove the partially broken branches. My questions for you are: Is this tree salvageable if I cut off 2/3 of its branches and will the peaches I've taken off ripen under any conditions?
- I have several large beds in which I would like to plant shrubs, perennials, and some annuals. I am wondering what, if any, weed barrier I should use for these beds. I have heard different opinions advocating weed fabric, newspaper, or no weed barrier at all other than a layer of bark/mulch. If a thick layer of mulch alone is virtually as effective as weed barrier, I would rather avoid the expense and hassle of laying the barrier. Which is the best option?
- I'm planning on using Imidan on my fruit trees. I would like to use a sprayer, but all the application information I've found is in lbs per acre. How much Imidan should I use per gallon.
- We planted apple trees last year. When do we spray for cottling moths?
- I was told there was a worm that eats the goathead or Tribulus Terrestris is that true?
- My greenhouse made of visqueen does not allow the sun to hit soil, causing the growth of algae on the surface. What must be done?
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?