Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I get a chart that tells me when to plant vegetable or plants and also can you tell me how to plant blackberry and raspberry plants?
Rate This FAQ
Go to our Utah State University Extension Salt Lake County website by clicking on this link http://extension.usu.edu/saltlake/htm/horticulture/fruit-and-vegetables and scroll down and fact sheets of vegetables can be found by clicking on the vegetable or fruit you are interested in.
Specifically for a chart, the last page has a planting chart for Home Vegetable Garden Variety Recommendations for Utah, click on the following link http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_313.pdf
For berries go to http://www.hort.usu.edu/html/fruits/berries.htm and you can choose what you are interested in and the fact sheets for fruits you are interested in come up.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My apple tree is starting to blossom. I love the apples but they always get wormy. When is the best time to spray them and with what?
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?
- I have a Bartlett pear tree that has black spots on the leaves and holes chewed on some leaves and a few curled up leaves. Could you tell me what to spray for these problems?
- I want to plant raspberries in my garden next spring but am confused. Which does better in Cache Valley: summer- or fall-bearing? The USU pub on raspberry production (HG/2004-16) says plant only Haida or Malling Joy, but I haven't found anything about these species on the web. Is this statement still valid? If so, are they fall- or summer-bearing? If not, what is your species suggestion?
- I want to limit growth of newly planted fruit trees and wonder if it would be possible to do that by making a large wooden box and planting each one in a box in the ground? Also if it would work to do that, do I need redwood? I have a stack of 4 x 12 x 16 douglas fir lumber which had been painted on one side and I wondered if I could use them to do this or will they create bug problems?
- How do I keep lady bugs out of my house? Also, how do I keep out Asian Beetles?
- I am preparing to sod my front yard in the next couple of weeks. I am looking for a grass that is hardy, drought and weed resistant. I also have a dog that can be somewhat hard on grass. I looked into Zoysia grass, but determined it wasn't a really great grass for this climate. What would you suggest, and where might I find it in Northern Utah?
- I just ordered some blueberry bushes and wondered where I need to plant them in my garden.